1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it worth to wait for Fiat Tipo?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Abhi6729, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Abhi6729

Abhi6729 Novizio

BANGALORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, I own a Punto 1.3 Diesel Active of 2011 model. Driven for 110000 kms. Timing Chain changed & clutch too. Only things left are Suspension & tires. My main concern is to wait for Tipo or to buy any other car ? As a big Fiat Fan, I am forced to stick on to these old models.
    I am very hesitant to buy any Maruthi cars too..

2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Abhi6729

Since you own a Punto, you can upgrade to Linea for the time being till Fiat comes up with a plan for the Tipo for the Indian market. If not then you don't have much choice than buy a Maruti or Hyundai or Honda or Toyota or Ford or Tata or VW...........

3. Abhi6729

Abhi6729 Novizio

BANGALORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do not mind buying a same PUNTO again. But just that, I have already driven more than a lac kms in it & Linea will also be the same considering the dashboard appearance & looks & driving aspects. Also, my family doesnt want me to buy a PUNTO again ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 6, 2017 ---
    Considering the safety/body aspect, FIAT is lot worth than Maruthi or Hyundai or Honda. Thought of Skoda Rapid, but ground clearance is way too less.

4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If Linea does not appeal to you and your family does not want anything similar to a Punto and you are keen for a Fiat product, then I suggest you wait for the Compass. Of course if you have the budget.

SHASHANKREDDY and prabhjot like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no indication from Fiat that they are planning to launch Tipo here. And even if they do, I doubt whether it would have all of Fiat DNA in it. Some reviews which I read on Tipo is not so encouraging.

With all these uncertainties, I strongly recommend you to go for Linea 125s. It is safe and more fun to drive car. Since you are owning 2011 Punto, the current Linea does not have the same interiors, it would be a total new car for you. I suggest you to take TD of the car. :)

Abhi6729, Raaz and prabhjot like this.
  6. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FCA started focusing on jeep brand , compass would be in 20 to 30 lakh range, by this move they totally ignored their existing customers who wants to upgrade from their existing cars, No one clear with their plans for Indian mass market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Tipo will never arrive.
    You either buy a compass or look for a job in Europe to buy a tipo,where not many are sold and your purchase might bring joy to fiat and you as well :)

kinetic likes this.
  8. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

Fiat is busy making diesel engines for others to bother about new cars for their existing tiny group of Fiat owners and tinier group of fans. Besides there is no guarantee for them whether bringing in a new model will be worth it since Fiat(cars) has been wiped out from the Indian market and multiple times at that.

But this time at least Fiat company is here to stay thanks to their popular engine sales which will go one for some more years. Fiat profits come from their engines, not from cars. Let me rephrase that to drive home my point. Fiat is now mainly an engine seller in India, not a competitor in the tough car market.

I am a Fiat fan too(which is why I still own Fiat and still on this forum) but let me give you some practical real world advice. "New car" here in India means new car model with new look, something different that you can show off to your friends and everyone says wow. Bitter truth is that no one will say that about a car that was launched almost a decade ago and has undergone facelifts for the "refreshed look" and some publicity. No one except the driver bothers how much the power has been increased or how amazingly fast it can move forward like lightning in the traffic-congested Indian roads and highways.

I am basing my answer on the basis of the words that you used, "these old models." So yes they will remain old.

I don't see the possibility of even any news of Tipo or any other sedan from Fiat in the next few years since in my opinion they have no plans to upgrade their factory or invest in anything new in terms of training or workshops. They have clearly identified very correctly that only their engines sell, not their cars. Anyone wanting to run a business profitably will decide more or less on the same lines.

Maruti is not the only alternative to Fiat, there are many others though as a driver Linea would still be the best to drive.

prabhjot likes this.
  9. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Days are not too far, even their engine selling numbers will come down, they will regret their action in indian market.

10. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I would personally go for VW ameo , many of you would not agree on this . But I see all features of vento in ameo with the same engine and performance. At 10L on road mumbai I find it the best car.

kinetic likes this.