1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it Worth to Spend money on Punto?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sethivaneet, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sethi, I have been using Fiat for almost 4 years now, after the Tata-Fiat JV. So far no horror stories for me. I have heard horror stories from my professor and my cousin who used to service their vehicle at TVS where they was charged for parts which were not replaced but that was before the JV. There are issues with part delivery now which we at TeamFiat sort out by send out mails to Fiat which has a turn around time of just 2 days. I know my neighbor whose Alto was at the service center for 2 weeks because the lower arm was not in stock, so Fiat is not alone either in that case.

I own a Figo too, used by my brother though. I use it occasionally for a week. Figo is fun to ride in city with very little turbo lag. But it requires more downshifting unlike Punto. And the highlight of Punto is that you feel like you are floating when you drive a Punto unlike a Figo which is more Alto-ish with all the sudden jerks at potholes. This is in addition to the better equipment in Punto. Other than the better city driveability there is nothing much to talk home about Figo.
  2. Vroom, VW will have horror stories still people will bash only FIAT .. Skoda dealers changed original parts to fake ones and Skoda didn't do much still people bash FIAT and Skoda sells in respectable numbers.
  3. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Is it Worth to Spend money on Punto?

In particular, the 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack.
    Additionally - as mentioned by others too - it's reassuring to know of a reliable after sales service (and repairs) facility nearby - not that you will need it often.
    Happy driving! ::O
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

As far as Punto\Linea are concerned, I give a big YES.

But, if we look on whole picture, Fiat is killing itself.

If a company can't sell more than 2500 cars in a month in big country like India, and not at all serious\ or not capable to find\rectify the problems (including marketing or whatever problems are) they have no rights to play with hard earned money of innocent people.

Sitting on a chair and saying that we very tense, we are trying, again and again, is not at all a solution of problems. Fiat was like that, they are like this and they will remain like this only.

IMO they think that Indians are fool or India is not right place to sell their cars, then why they come here again and again. May be they think that India is a small business market but they will realize it latter on, may be when they need to pack their baggage.

I think they are like this only as not able to understand what is going by looking on the sale chart.

Fiat's 3rd comeback was around 1 year and 8 months back and where they are now. Do they think they make best cars and people will come and request for a car, if yes, then they are wrong. Marc, BMW, Audi .... all go with excellent marketing then who they are. They have to learn from VW who makes excellent cars and ranked No. 1 globally. VW is trying hard to get settled in India and I am sure they will get settled.

But looks like.... Fiat needs 4th, 5th 6th, 7th…… comebacks.

Who we are, to fight people when they talk bad about our cars or Fiat? To fight people who ask silly questions like where from you got suggestion to buy a Fiat? By when and to how many, we need to tell that these are excellent cars and that’s why we bought. Does Fiat pay to me or us?

Guys, I am really fed up the way Fiat thinks about us and if things remain same in coming years than rather than selling my car for 45K or 50K, I would like to use it as garbage collector in my area... may be than they can think where they are...

I am really disappointing by Fiat's strategies in India.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

why isnt Fiat India bothered the way we are. everybody in this forum seem to be more concern than the Fiat India officials. God knows what are they up to. its very frustrating to see Fiat's marketing strategies in shambles.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Of course its worth , that's why I am ready to spend 7.2L( company regd.)on Punto 1.3MJD ,
    Or else I would have settled for Swift VDI-ABS for 6.3L( company regd.) ( I won't even mind waiting period for 2 months )

Punto 1.3MJD is true value for money.

7. nik

Hi NKD,

What venom, maybe we got the point. But is it not just true that the Junta just loves marketing rather than engineering, resale value rather than durabilty?

Look at 20000 kms plus ownership threads anywhere and you will see a lot of satisfied fiat owners, and few for i20s,for example. In fact just see the scarcity of posts considering there are so many i20s around.

Look 2 years down the line and we shall have a real picture.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

TO tell u the truth i love the Punto.. Infact i'm very possessive abt it now..

Its worth every penny u spent on it...
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

This threads instantly reminds me of...Bournville Ad... ;)

You just don't buy a Punto...You Earned it!
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very true Grandeur.... :) :dancing