1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it safe to Retro-fit our Headlamps

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Srini, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Friends, I today upgraded my GP 90 HP bulbs to OSRAM NB Plus - H4 without making any mods. Hearing this my brother wanted to upgrade our FIGO's head lamp as well. However, he wanted to go for one with relay. We immeditely checked with a contact at FORD regarding the warranty. The ford guy responded by telling that it will void the electrical warranty. Also, he added that retrofitting should not be done with Cars fitted with AIRBAGS etc., as it might cause some malfunction. I am confused and did some research on the net and found the below from OSRAM's site itself. Let know your thoughts on this issue.. :geek:

OSRAM|Tools & Services|Training & Knowledge|FAQ|Automotive lighting|index

osram.png
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    on punto and linea there is no link between headlight and airbags. if you are upgrading to xenons get a canbus ballast which does not cause any errors.
    1 person likes this.
  3. puntolover

puntolover Novizio

Bangalore
    But it definately void's you a 2 yr warranty from fiat.
  4. have a good rapport with SA, they will help you out in case of warranty issues, by far fiat is the best in terms of warranty replacements.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I guess only precuation one have to take when modifying a car equipped with airbag is to make sure earthing point is away from the airbag impact sensor and any extra wire used are of good quality with high quality shielding that doesn't cause interference to sensor.