1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it okay to buy a linea tjet from a dealer

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by csr1969, Mar 16, 2016.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    Yesterday my younger son was having a look on olx classifieds of fiat linea ( he himself is a fanatic of fiat cars ). While having a look, he just jumped out of the recliner and he showed me the ad. It was a 2011 fiat linea tjet plus with 32,000kms for sale at Rs.2,60,000/-. Then I checked the pics. They looked fab. But the price was too good to be true. Then while having a look it happened to be a dealer. I'm confused of what to do. Will possibly make a inspection this weekend. Here's the link :

https://www.olx.in/i2/item/fiat-lin...ndition-for-imdt-sale-ID13RwAr.html#:90e54a7d
  2. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    well, always a tough call to see pics and decide for a car's worth - that too considering if these are recent most pics!
    we've all known, sadly, that our cars don't yield great resale value as competition, so this could be true! :)
    could be our fellow Fiatian is moving out of town etc, or prefers a 3rd party (dealer here) to do the sale rather than take the trouble himself/herself.
    you're well versed with the brand, you could do a PDI equiv, a health check at FASS etc & if you can check ALL boxes then you can "make the move" - all the best!
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I have a doubt on this car as its too cheap , you may have a closer look at this car history and other things. Dont hurry buying this car. Investigate properly. I am worried because if you use car evalutaion its comes to 5L . If you still say fiat doesnt have a re-sale value , still it cannot be 50 % of the IDV. " PRICE NEGOTIABLE" dealer has mentioned . Roughly it would be 2.5L .
  4. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    just came to know that car has MH registration and hence selling it at low price. Had a chat with the dealer that he'll get the car for inspection at fiat showroom and if the deal goes right, then Mjet aur Tjet bhai-bhai and I'll be the proud owner the two beasts. Just dreaming about both of them in my garage and posing for the photoshoot.....:shame:
    drknaresh likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    In 2011, did TJet existed in India?
    I see that ad is no longer available to see.

Screenshot_2016-03-16-23-41-51.png
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Tornado - Yes, they were in production from late 2010 till first half of 2011.

@csr1969 - Did you finalized the deal as the ad is no longer visible:D
  7. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,
    I missed the chance of owning this beauty. Recently, on the day I had a chat with the dealer, the deal did not finalise. So he said that he'll get it for inspection. But destiny had something else for me. On the same evening when I called him, he said that the vehicle is sold to the dealer friend at 2.5lacs and has paid a token advance. I was like o_O. Then I cut the phone call and said myself I'll get a linea tjet some day.
  8. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    All's well that ends well.
    Hope you fulfill your dream really soon :) Cheers.
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    This is probably a refurbished Demo car on sale... I suggest take a good look at the car before taking a decision. Take a mechanic with you...and ask him to check the car.
  10. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3