1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it okay to buy a Jan-15 car lying in stockyard with dealer for months?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Tanay, May 21, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hmm.. Fishy it is. Are all the tires manufacturer in Jan 15? Did you checked spare wheel's date ?Also are the specifications of the tires matching with the version? I mean are these tires undersized?

And, you have not yet clarified on the buttons of tires.

If the tires are Jan 15 manufactured, ask them if they have replaced them? If they say Yes, ask them the reason.
    We will discuss it here.

Meanwhile find out manufacturing date of the battery.

Also see if the ODO of their present TD car is working?

And also let us know date of dispatch of this (oone which is offered to you) car from factory to the dealer.
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Tanay and EvoArun like this.
  2. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Buttons I meant that thread that is on the sides of the tyres. I did not find the small rubber thread in the middle of the tyre. It was only on the sides
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ok that suggests, tyre are unused, or used for small distance of 5 to 10 km . If you happen to buy this car, you need not exchange the tires, because they are hardly a month or two under the direct sunlight.

Please research further as per my earlier post.
    EvoArun likes this.
  4. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado sure mate, I will check. No response from the sales guy yesterday for my request for second PDI. Hence spoke to the manager there about the poor customer service I have been getting. Manager says they do not replace tyres and that too in service they don't provide appollo tires. Today will check the manufacturing date of battery and also the dispatch date and all tires. BTW I owe you a beer. Let me know when you are in bangalore :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2015, Original Post Date: May 30, 2015 ---
    Sorry for this boring marathon thread..
    The sales guy Prajwal from Adaya motors has actually lied that the car has been brought from Pune after me paying the advance. It has been in the dock from February it seems.
    Saw the car, 3 tires are 0315 manufactured and the fourth one is 1115, don't know what it means. Couldn't find the battery manufacturing date. Now on my way to the showroom.
    Tanay, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    On one side, I feel you are lucky to get new tires, 1115 means it is manufactured in 11th week of 2015. This suggests tire replacement is carried out in April or may.

What about spare wheel date?

Anyways, since this thread is a discussion of 2 cars, (EVOarun & Tanay), can you please tell us colour of the car.
    As far as TATAS qjd cars are concerned, TATA clearly mentions that if a car is to be delivered after 6 months of manufacturing, they need to carry out special procedure which includes oil & rubber(tire) change before delivery in their owner's manual.
    So this tire replacement of EVO might be a part of similar procedure if fiat also makes the dealership follows similar procedure . You need to confirm this with FCA.

I don't remember if you have TD this car during PDI or to be precise PRI (pre registration inspection). If not, please do insist on TD of atleast 200 m in side the stock yard itself as one of the remeady for car pulling to one side is tire replacement. Hence you need to know if the car is pulling on one side.

And bro, don't worry about the length of the thread, infact I feel it is turning out to be an iconic thread and going to benefit many buyers in future till fiat starts selling their cars in thousands per month.

And, what are dealer 's answers on the queries asked by you about the tire replacement?
    Tanay and EvoArun like this.
  6. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado Thank you bro...
    The car I am gonna buy is in my profile pic.
    Spoke to manager Deepak about the bad practices of Prajwal who was lying from day one. This person looked genuine and showed me the dispatch date of the car which is February 2015. The manager said they replaced the tires as part of transit warranty. And he also promised that it wasn't a test drive vehicle. And since my heart has already decided for this car and since there is no scratches or dents in the alloys or body.. I today paid the amount and signed the agreement. Will get it delivered on Wednesday. I have asked about the alignment issue which the manager accepted was an issue with Puntos earlier but PDI was done and it's all tested fine in this car.
    So finally will get this beauty on Wednesday. Will surely update on Wednesday.
    Tanay, Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  7. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations on your purchase. Happy miles! :)
    EvoArun likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congo bro, exactly 'transit warranty', I was talking about. And I should praise the dealer for offering the same to you. Few dealers hide this from customers and divert it to their profit. Anyways, check manufacturing date of the spare wheel also at the time of delivery.
    And before signing delivery note of the car on the D day, do take a TD & check particularly for the 'car pulling on one side, irrespective of assurance from the manager. Two days back, One of the TFIAN Taurus7 has been delivered a Linea Emotion with car pulling towards one side, and the issue is not getting resolved by the same dealership.

So mantra is to get the car delivered with 'eyes wide open'.

Anyways, thinking of visiting Ooty coming winter or summer,, and looking forward to see you then. According to you, which season is better for visiting Ooty?

Tanay, prabhjot and EvoArun like this.
  9. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sudipz thank you mate

@Tornado Thanks bro, I will look for any alignment issues before making the move from the showroom.
    You may visit ooty next month, it should be good.. So I will suggest a good resort in near ooty... We will meet...
    Thank you all again for helping me out on this.
  10. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @Taurus7 @Tornado
    Guys this is about Linea pulling on one side - thankfully have been able to resolve the issue for my TJet and here's how -
    At odo 90, say the car would have been 7-10 days old, I observed the right pull, reported to Fiat, it is 2010 I'm talking about, so the Tata service guys drive along and said ya possible slight issues exist, we'll balance etc and fix.
    For sure this didn't help, I reported the issue again and this time they shared the wheel balancing reports with me saying all is well (done externally)
    I wasn't convinced as I could still feel the right pull and escalated the issue to Fiat.
    Long story short, Fiat decided to take the car to FASS - Pandit at Pune. Apparently discs and strut pads were changed after they figured all my rims are ok. The process took about a week then, and I was given a standby car to drive interim.
    Now I'm about 45k kms and all is well :)
    U folks need to spend some time with Fiat service patiently, and I'm sure you'll be able to fix it.
    Cheers.
    Tanay, prabhjot and EvoArun like this.