1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it okay to buy a Jan-15 car lying in stockyard with dealer for months?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Tanay, May 21, 2015.

1. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tanay Congrats! Great points...
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2015 ---
    I have been contacting Prajwal from Adaya motors and have paid an advance for the car. But this guy seems to be least interested in selling the car. Zero response from him.
    First I called himfor the test drive and booking on the same day and he said he come in an hour but then no response and he did not pick his phone. Later when I called the showroom after 2 hours he sms ed me stating he is in a meeting.
    I did not make a fuss and asked him to come after 4 days which he did and I paid the advance. He sent me the receipt which did not even have the model of the car. When I called him he casually says "oh I missed it". He said the financiar will call me.
    Then no calls from him, when I called the next day he said he will call me in 5 minutes but no call from him. The next day(Saturday) I called him he said the financiar will call me. Now I got upset and told him that he is not responding properly and I may have to talk to his manager and the way he was treating me was bad. He said manager out of town. Later after an hour I got a call from financiar who said my loan is approved and will call back for agreement.
    What should I do? Please advise
    The first point in team bhp PDI is don't bully around but on Saturday I lost my cool :(
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    Tanay likes this.
  2. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks, @EvoArun. If you've decided to go ahead with this showroom (as you've paid advance), then you'll have to bite the bullet and deal with them, but politely. I think you did the right thing by reminding him that he is not supposed to handle customers the way he is doing. Now that the financier has told you that he'll get back to you, wait for them for a few days. If not, then I'd suggest you to talk to their manager telling him that you're not satisfied with the way things are progressing. Ask him what does he think is the reason. If things still don't progress, then consider escalating things further.
    EvoArun likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest congratulations Tanay. I am desperate to see the Avventura in that Orange colour, suits the car to a perfect T. Will wait for you to start an ownership thread with lots of pics inside out of the Avvy.
    Tanay likes this.
  4. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @Tanay. Got a call from him yesterday, think someone in that showroom must be following this forum :p. Even the bank guys called. Have to go for the agreement now. What say, do the PDI and sign agreement or sign it and wait for it? The showroom guy says that the vehicle is in transit from Pune
    BTW expected few pics of your PDI. Heartiest Congratulations :)
    Tanay likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would suggest first get the VIN of the car allotted and confirm with the dealer the ETA of the car at the dealer's yard. Do a mini PDI (Visual inspection) and only then give a go ahead for registration and bank formalities.
    EvoArun and Tanay like this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @EvoArun, talk with the manager & also call the Fiat Customer Care, things would definitely fall in line.
    EvoArun likes this.
  7. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks, @ghodlur. I'll start an ownership thread, and will upload pics too :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 26, 2015 ---
    Thanks, @EvoArun. Have a little patience, and things will work out fine. In my case, the car was already in the dealer's stockyard, so I requested them to let me take a look at it first before I book it and they obliged. In your case, I'd agree to what @ghodlur is suggesting. If you can wait for the car to reach here, then do a visual inspection before committing to it. Check the car, tyre and battery manufacturing dates and any obvious/visible defect. If all goes fine, book it.

In case you don't have that option, you can book it now (with minimal amount) and let the car arrive here. Then, go ahead and do the PDI before you finalize the purchase. In the worst case, if the car is not up to your expectations and is unacceptable, I think they'll deduct some charges from the booking amount before the refund, though I'm not sure if and how much. Don't buy the car (i.e, pay the full amount) until you've seen the car and are satisfied with it.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 26, 2015 ---
    @EvoArun

I didn't click any pics during PDI. My friend clicked one casually though...

DSC_0485.JPG
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  8. EvoArun

EvoArun Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tanay The car looks great, Orange looks so unique and flashy.
    Thank you @ghodlur for your valuable points,
    @Tornado will wait for a bit as I dont want to go on the offensive immediately.. let me have a look of the car and see how it goes.
    Tanay likes this.
  9. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats @Tanay for gorgeous ride you have got..I remember the day I had TD ZO Avventura and was so impressed by its ride characteristics, plus it was great to see people all around taking look and re-look at the car. ZO has stunning looks..no questions asked. Wish you happy and safe mile crunching...BTW waiting for detailed ownership thread and loads of pics.
    Tanay likes this.
  10. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP

Thanks a lot @mangeshtendulkar :). I'll surely add my review in an ownership thread...