1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it OK to buy a May 2011 T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by speedJet, Aug 20, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    kedar

my requirement is to get a latest vehicle, hence minimal grey

the color of my choice is FTA and if I get one that is manufactured in June end I shall go for it. Otherwise I have no choice bit to wIt or to for some other car
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Dude - last Tjet was May 31, 2011. That's as good as June. The dealer was right. Their intention is to clear all inventories before re-starting new production. Do a PDI and go for it. What other choice do you have?
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ --> Yes I agree, I do not have any other choice if I want to buy the Jet. I had written to Fiat and was expecting a response from them. However, got the usual response "your request has been forwarded to relevant department and we shall get back to you". No reply after that. So I gues I have to go with the May vehicleDid you take the delivery, how is the Jet behaving? Please do post some pictures and your experience
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Have not taken delivery yet.

BTW, My VIN indicates the mfg date of May 31, 2011. However tires are marked 0711. I believe it's only the chassis that is branded with the date. The entire car was assembled only in 0711. It doesn't make sense for the manufacturer to order tyres after the car is built right?
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    This is pretty strange. Ideally tyres are atleast a month older than the month of manufacture

I had visited the dealer in this week and he showed me the stock list. There was something very peculiar about silver color car (he showed me an old stock list when silver was in stock) - it had a VIN number of June but the assembly role off date was 31st August. I was surprised. I am not sure if this is also true for your case - if it is then it would be seen in the form that is associated with the car. The assembly role off date would then be July/August. Are the tyres GoodYear NCTs or Apollo's?

Now that you have already paid the entire amount, just take the car and enjoy the acceleration. Leave the rest to luck!

Are you aware of the offers for the month of October? There has been further reduction in Honda City price and I am hoping that Fiat shall follow suit :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    How do you find out the assembly roll off date? I'm guessing that date of tyres=assembly roll off date. So in my case, July 2011. Tyres were Goodyear NCT5. I dont think TJet+ comes with Apollos. And as I said earlier, I did not have the option NOT to pay the entire amount. I have explained the way car sales happen in Mumbai. It was imperative to pay off completely and get the car invoiced by Sep 30 (to avail the Sep offer).
    I dont think there will be any further discounts on Oct. Linea is already stretched to the maximum possible discount! Are you waiting for further discounts to book your TJet?

AFAIK, Honda City prices have been increased, on the contrary. And same goes for Skoda and Tata.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I finally booked.a May manufactured FTA TJet+ by giving Rs 50000 on Monday. I am waiting for the VIN allotment, probably it should happen on Friday. Right now busy with loan search.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Congrats man! Hope you loan gets sorted out soon. So what was the on road price/deal that you got?
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    It is the Fiat standard discount that is currently going on, nothing more. Hopefully loan stuff should get sorted out.

I feel dealers in NCR are a real pain to deal with - they are non-professional. My dealer has not made the booking till today, this inspite of the money being with him since Monday. I went to the showroom today and his manager requested me to take a look at a Jan manufactured TJet+ which they shall receive tomorrow (color is also different). I told him that even if they offer me 50K more of discount over the existing discount I shall not go for such an old car.

Keeping my fingers crossed that these guys provide me atleast a May manufactured vehicle. SA has promised VIN number on Friday (earlier promise was today i.e. Wednesday)