1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it OK to buy a May 2011 T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by speedJet, Aug 20, 2011.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    So many hassles for buying a Fiat?! I really wish they are reading these threads. It's amazing that you are still going to book a Fiat after shradh.

What Fiat needs to realize is that there is really isn't that big a difference between them and competition now so people have as good options. There was a time they were the only affordable European brand, now there is VW with Reanult & Peugeot coming in fast. Lots of options for people who want the Euroness in their cars nowadays.

I really see no hope for Fiat. Just wish I have a trouble free 5 years with my Punto!
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    The dealer is obviously worried,if you backout, he will be stuck with the car in his inventory gathering dust (and rust). FIAT should cut the dealers some slack - with cars not moving fast, dealers should be able to send unsold stock back.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    @redbull - dealer maybe worried that the car will remain lying if I do not take delivery, but why will I not take delivery? It would only happen if the PDI fails. It is a clear case of the dealer trying to arm twist after he was certain that I shall go ahead with booking - he jacked up the rates after giving a comittment. Also, he was not giving me the Fiat booking number. From what I understood, he wanted probably another 50k before making the order with Fiat and was waiting for my cheque to clear

@amit - the only other drivers car is the old ford fiesta sports which is no longer available. I had test driven the vento, but did not like the steering. The new ford fiesta does not have a good engine and is priced horribly. I am not a big fan if the city as it is pretty common - also the TJet does not scrape on roads where the city does. I have a couple of weeks with me to take a decision before taking the plunge again
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The SA called up today saying that the showroom had to spend a lot to arrange for my test drive (they had to drive around 40 kms one way). So the showroom shall deduct around Rs 4000 from his salary :eek: since I have cancelled the booking.

I am not sure whether this is another tactic from the FIAT sales manager to charge me for the booking cancellation and I feel sorry for the poor salesman if this does happen. I am confused whether to bear this cancellation charge so that the salesman does not suffer.

As far as I know, till the car is not dispatched from the factory there is no cancellation charge. If I do have to bear this cancellation charge then this would be in addition to the earlier Rs 5000 cancellation that I had to bear earlier taking the total loss without owning the TJet to around Rs 9000 :(
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is pure nonsense. These SAs doesn't deserve these jobs.

Regarding cancellation charge, there is no specific guidelines, every dealer follow, what they want. Tell them you are cancelling because of their fault, so can't take any cancellation charge.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks Ravi for the response. My money is with me (well I managed to become lucky) and the dealer did not contact me after that. Eagerly awaiting Navratras to proceed ahead
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Dealer with OP Sharma as advisor or dealer offering best deal?

Question to all knowledgeable forum members:

Will buying the car from a dealer having a service advisor Mr OP Sharma help (ie HIM motors) or should I go to the dealer who gives the best rate?

At the start of Navratras I want to book the TJet. I believe that buying from Him motors may be a good idea as the car would be inspected by OP Sharma's team (hopefully) before delivery. Is this assumption a correct one?

Also, does anyone have an experience of buying cars from Him motors ( I believe it is the same as Concorde?)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    you can buy your car anywhere you wish and get it serviced anywhere. So you can possibly buy it from a dealer who gives a better deal.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Speedjet brother,

don't get lured by the deals and goodies offered to you by dealers.make sure that same car with may make shouldn't come back to you.go to a dealer on whom you can vouch upon.my suggestion would be better speak with mr.op sharma @ him motors.he is the master for Fiat cars and he will not recommend you a unfair deal.

you can touch base with Vijayant sir he is the right person to get hold of Mr.op sharma.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I'm in the EXACT same dilemma (except that I dont have Option 4 in my case). And I've opened a thread with the very same issue -> http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3366-Manufacturing-month

I really do wish to own a TJET+ and only a TJET+. No other car comes close. I did not even consider ANHC, Optra and ANFF in my comparo. I chucked out Vento in the 1st TD and briefly (like for 3 seconds) considered the Hyundai FV. But none comes even remotely close to TJ+. Now with this manufacturing month issue, I'm really confused.

Even I have the information that around 33 TJets are standing in the stockyard due to slow sales. With 113 Lineas (overall) being sold per month, I do not see these 33 cars being offloaded before 3-4 months. And I do not want to wait that long.

From what I gathered in my research, SBB is even older - March and April 2011.
    I paid Rs 50k as booking. I did not question the amount, as I felt for a car costing 10 lac, Rs 50k booking sounded reasonable (although it is a lot of money!)
    This is pure BS. Every dealer has a different clause, which is mentioned upfront. Concorde Motors (Prabhadevi) has a cancellation clause in which they charge Rs 10k as penalty.
    Yes, HIM Motors is the same as Concorde. Being a 100% subsidiary of Tata Motors, I believe they are a shade better than other dealers.