1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it OK to buy a May 2011 T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by speedJet, Aug 20, 2011.

1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I paid 25k. I think anything between 10-25k is fine. Depends on you negotiation skills. I had gone over the list of TJets manufactured with my sales person and specified the month and date of the car - yes, the dealers have that list.

And I completely agree with you regarding the car. That is the reason why I bought mine. Its almost been 6 months and there are no regrets. :)
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    thanks ramjn and abk bhai for the reply

Todays update is that the dealer said he would make the booking with Fiat and provide the number to me. He then asked for my bank account no saying he wants to confirm that I have an approved loan. I was stunned. Anyways, I went to the bank and had the agent speak with him. After that the sales guy said that he needs the bank guys contact no.

I told him that he shall have to go thru me to the bank guy. I feel that these guys are treating me like a cabbie :-( and not happy about it. Also it appears that they are doing a favour to me by selling the car

Its evening and still no booking no has been provided to me :-(
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    speedjet 22ji,

dealer is trying to keep you in dark,why the heck is he bothered about the bank loan??things seems fishy to me,for making booking 20k is more than sufficient.have a talk with some other dealer.there are umpteen of dealers across Delhi ncr.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    varoon bhai, it appears to me that he wants to bill the vehicle directly on my name. I have made it clear to him that the pdi needs to pass for me to buy the vehicle. Anyways will talk to him tomorrow and then decide if I need to search elsewhere
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    these TATA peple are good for nothing.they are reacting as if they are doing some favor on you,that to for free.FIAT should take such people for task.its the love what we admirer have for FIAT cars,make the numbers ticking every month.else you would have gone for some other brand.

talk to dealer,make him clear that until you satisfied with the PDI, vehicle not gonna go along with you.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Even if they invoice the vehicle for you and if you are not satisfied with the PDI, you can very well ask for another vehicle. This is what happened with my case too. FYI, I just made 10k booking and still they invoiced the vehicle for me and then cancelled and invoiced another vehicle. Its all depends on the dealer. I feel that you have to talk with other dealers in your region.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I would just say that the TATA's are selling FIAT's as if they are doing a favor, We blame the tata for spoiling the FIAT image, The day is close, we will have a independent Showroom for FIAT cars by managed by tata:)-(), At least the Sales Rep. would have some better knowledge about the car.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    These guys are Fiat sales persons and not Tata. I have spoken with many dealers in NCR region and my view is that Fiat sales guys in NCR region are either incompetent or lathergic. I would not blame Tata for the same.

My sales guy seemed to be pretty decent till I made the booking. My take is that he is being driven by his manager who ultimately is driven by the showroom owner. I find the manager to be pretty rash and outspoken.

I will check tomorrow and if no booking with Fiat has been done, I shall move to another dealer
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great Speedjet, Speed up the booking with the next dealer and let him eat the dust, for showing his rudeness on us.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Todays update:

I called up the dealer in the morning. I got the usual stuff "Sir I shall update the status to you in half an hour". The day passed by and I did not receive a call. I checked my mails and found the invoice from him for th bank loan. The invoice had bumped up the rate by around Rs 16000 from what we had agreed. I called up the sales guy, but he did not answer. He finally returned my call saying that he is very busy today. I asked him about the booking number from Fiat and the reply was "Sir, we have done our bit, once Fiat person sends the number I shall share it with you". I told him to cancel the booking

It is very frustrating :mad: that I had to cancel the booking. From 12th September, the period of Shraad starts and now I shall have to wait till Navratras to make the booking :(