1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it OK to buy a May 2011 T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by speedJet, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I would recommend you to wait a bit..

Sabar Ka Fal, meetha hota hai!! :D
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    thanks everyone for the response.. I shall keep everyone posted on the progress
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I spoke with a few more dealers. All of them have confirmed that the latest manufactured TJet+ is of 31st may 2011 in SBB colour

@Ravi, jishnu and all - is end of may vehicle good enough(start of May was definitely not good, i want to be sure if this is good enough or not?)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I reckon it's okay. If it's end - May manufactured then it would've reached the dealer around Mid-June at the earliest. So that is perfectly fine in my opinion. We ourselves bought a Jan manufactured vehicle on March 31st. :)

Go for it dude. Just do the PDI thoroughly.

Cheers
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    PDI will ensure everything is alright with the car.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Finally booked the Jet again :), but still not sure if I would be lucky enough :(

Couple of weeks back I started looking out for a freshly manufactured TJet. I found a dealer who told me that a colour is not in stock and if I book I shall get a fresh piece.

Even though the colour is not too much to my liking I decided to take the plunge. The dealer seeing my excitement, bumped up the quotes. Also, he wanted me to sign a booking non-cancellation clause (sir, petrol car if you cancel nobody will buy). After a lot of arguments, he agreed to remove the clause

He was asking for a booking amount of around 1 to 1.5 lac. I said that I shall make only Rs 50K (which is also a pretty good amount) booking as of now and the remaining after I do the PDI. He agreed reluctantly saying that the showroom owner shall not order the car as the showroom owner has to pay cash upfront for delivery to Fiat and since the car shall take around a month for manufacturing, the showroom owner shall loose interest on the invested money for a month !!!

I called up my sales assistant today and he told me that they have not yet put the booking to Fiat as they are waiting for the owner's permission to make the booking (dont know if this is true or some BS tactic from these guys to take more money from me)

Damn, buying the TJet+ suddenly appears to be so difficult. Keeping my fingers crossed that these salesmen do not change their stance after agreeing

Isnt Rs 50K is a good enough amount for booking?
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    in my opinion there shouldn't be any problem in accepting may made t-jet.speedjet bro please speak with sanya motor fellows(defence-col).they may help you out in getting a fresh T-jet.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Varoon, this is my second booking for the TJet. I made the booking yesterday (see post 16). The dealer I booked with was co-operative in finding a fresh piece, but he wants a huge sum from me just for the booking. If he changes his mind (which appears to be the case) then probably I can approach Sanya
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Question to all members: what is the normal booking amount for Linea? (please refer post 16 above for more details)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It depends on the dealer and I would say its enough with Rs.10,000 for booking.