1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it good to take april 2014 Manufacture Fiat linea New model in Jan 2015

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Pavan Puvvada, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I have booked Fiat new linea 2014 Multijet motion in Pune on December month. Today I have received vin number from sales guys stating that it is April manufactured vehicle.
    I have received hefty discounts and good exchange benefit of my old car as well.
    I am confused whether to accept it or not.

Please suggest folks.

Pavan
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely fine. Infact you have got all the discounts because its a dealer stock vehicle. I have myself booked a pre facelift Jan 2014 Linea MJD Emotion. Please do a proper PDI before accepting the vehicle. Here is the link on PDI

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/pre-delivery-inspection-checklist.12759/

Also check for any rusts in the under body. Ensure that the dealer does the below changes to the vehicle before delivering it
    • New battery to be added as the car is 9 months old and that battery warranty is not from the date the car is registered but from the date the battery is manufactured. This is a must change item
    • Disc Brake to be cleaned as the disc brake may have been rusted.
    • All lubricants (Engine Oil, Gear oil, Brake oil, Coolant etc) to be changed.
    Congrats for your booking. Happy New year.
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Pavan Puvvada, the dealer should have a more recent manufactured car than April 2014. Try for that to start with. I think he is trying to pass on one of the oldest ones from his stockyard.
    Also, mention the details of the deal you are getting. Anything extra he is offering for an April car? Had it been a Aug/September car, would that have changed the deal from his side?
    There may not be a problem in an April car as long as you do a good level of PDI. In general, try to get a recent car as much as possible and it reduces the chances of faults of certain types[rust, battery, dampness, foul smell, etc]. As a thumb rule, try to get a car not later than 3 months old from the current month. If you are open to a different color, that may also help you in getting a recent car. Give it a shot!
    Congrats on your booking!
  4. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the response. Happy new year to you as well.

As per information provided by sky moto, pune the vehicle is going to arrive dealer stockyard by tomorrow afternoon.
    I have visited couple of days backs to their workshop and their stock yard as well and no vehicle is available.
    I have raised a complaint with FIAT India as well to look into the issue.
    I have asked for PDI first and if am satisfied then only I will give green signal to them for registration.

Do you have heard about similar cases before?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2015 ---
    @Saket: I will check with the dealer tomorrow and make sure that I will get latest manufactured vehicle only.
    In the initial discussion with dealer he said that company stopped manufacturing of linea by september end.
    I will update you after discussion with dealer tomorrow.
    Thanks for the response.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    All the best. Do insist firmly but politely so as to maintain cordial relations. Also, check with some other dealer incase sky moto doesn't offer a recently manufactured car. Have you checked yourself that the VIN corresponds to April 2014?
  6. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @ Saket. Yes I have received VIN from the sales guy today. The last digits are DJZ
  7. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi Pavan,

I would recommend not getting very finicky about battery & fluid / filter replacement. Entire cost (even if borne by you) would be around 10k. All 3 dealers in Pune have tried their best to sell Lineas that were out for December sale. My friend took delivery of a Linea MJD Dynamic (facelift) yesterday from Pandit. Do a proper PDI & try to get those things but avoid friction since you might lose a great deal that has already been negotiated.

Regards

Amit
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @amit: I have receive 1.4k as a discount for emotion diesel- pearl white color. Does your friend also received similar deal?
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Updated the thread title to Jan 2015 :)
  10. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you and also expecting your suggestions as well