1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it fine to buy a Punto if it's my first Car?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Relativity, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    This is 2011 model the total disounts are as follows:

Insurance Free
    Exchange Bonus - 20 k
    Cash discount - 10 k
    Freebies: Sil Plates, Teflon Coating ,Garewre sunflim
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I spoke to the dealer today and he confirmed people are not making fresh bookings at this price and that discounts will kick in during late Feb/early March.

I am uncertain about the variant, I can afford the Active (the 2011 dynamic) but i am against black door handles and Rear View Mirror.
    Can somebody confirm if the 2012 Active has body colored or black door handles?

Also, what else is missing on the 2012 Active? It's hard to compare 2011 and 2012 models.
  3. 2012 Active has black door handles ( old dynamic also had black) . Rear power window is not available on Active 2012 ( is was there on dynamic 2011) . If you have been following my thread I booked Punto emotion 2011 yesterday. Your case also looks same to mine . I would advice you to go for the older vehicle if its available , have you checked with your dealer. As of yesterday I can confirm that there were 3 Punto's left in Punto factory, 1 Punto dynamic BNW, 1 medium silver emotion, 1 exotica red emotion pk.

Source: Yesterday during booking my dad wanted confirmation whether red punto emotion ( Red color was preferred) . Sales executive opened his mail & showed the excel sheet that Fiat sends to him daily having information of stocks in the factory.

Change is not very noticeable, I drove both cars back to back yesterday, but turning radius change is evident which would be helpful to you considering you are just learning to drive.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Is the 90 HP also a 1.3 Liter Engine or more? Doesn't Fiat have anything in a 1.6 or above at the moment? Thought I saw a Palio 1.9
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    90HP is a 1.3MJD with VGT where as 76 bhp is MJD with FGT. That's the only difference.
    1 person likes this.