1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it fine to buy a Punto if it's my first Car?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Relativity, Jan 14, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Some friend told me last night that out of around 65000-70000 linea+Punto sold in last 3 yrs, not even 1 accidental death has been reported. I doubt it although i have seen tens of Punto/Linea's deformed by trucks in auto-forums with owners escaping alive & well. In one case, a Tata lorry full of marble stones was literally resting on Linea with half of the car hidden under lorry & cabin inside was fresh like it has just been polished. The owner, his wife & son came out of the car scratch less. Impossible & unbelievable!! I am sure other cars (whatever make or class) would have had their owners lifeless before a Cyanide could do:mrgreen:. The reason is simple "class exclusive forged Front & side impact beams" that even heaviest of trucks would struggle to bend. Remember, i haven't read the security point so far being in your considerations & it's your first drive. Sorry but you should consider it too.

I have very high regards for these cars.
    You would find the rear seats a bit cramped despite of bigger size of FIAT cars, You know why?

That is to keep the driver outside beam zone which would absorb the max. impact & for that, they had to make such a massive dashboard (how else you would keep the driver outside impact zone??). Dashboard is almost 50-60% bigger to all it's competitors. Huge raked wind-shield to give best aerodynamics with a cabin of a ship feeling. Yes it keep car's bonnet away from vision but given the advantages, it's more than justified. I personally love it for driving. Don't compare other aspects of Punto with any other car, it simply plays in it's own box, a different league. People pay premium for other cars because of waiting, i am not going to buy them at half of their prize even they deliver it at my door step. I don't want to die horribly like ran-over dog on the road:mrgreen:. In all other makes driver sits so close to front windshield (especially in new crapidic Verna:mrgreen:) like the steering is bolted directly on windshield. That is an instantaneous death even in case of some moderate impact. From driving point of view, you get a feeling that you are running ahead to your car:mrgreen: reaching the destination ahead of your car. Speed masking is wonderful in FIAT vehicles.

If you still in doubt, don't fight yourself. As you commented above, you are not missing anything. Pls don't waste any more time & just grab a Ford Icon TDCI before some-one else take it:mrgreen: It's a steal at whatever prize you mentioned.

Goodbye & wish you luck for your new drive.
    3 people like this.
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @relativity

I am a live example of a first of 1st owned car which was punto 1.3 epk , I never had any driving issues , yes it does takes some time to adjust to your car initially & it happens with every brand , now since I am used to Punto , I find Swift with vague steering & short clutch , I never get that punto feel , in any other car.

In fact I would say , as a first car owner its more advisable to go for Punto , as you won't compare it with other car & within few days you will get addicted to it.

Fiat Driving is Unique & addictive

Atul
    2 people like this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Folks, thank you very much for the responses. I am convinced that I will go ahead with the Punto.
    It now boils down to which variant and when do the discounts kick in. I am keen on 90 HP but its not been launched yet. If they launch it later in the year, there obviously won't be any discounts. The 90 HP is currently 8.25 Lakhs on road in Chennai and its not the new Punto, I mean it has the same 2011 Ground Clearance etc.

Maybe this is food for another thread but to help me know.
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Relativity if you are on chennai and keen on 90 HP check with VST they have Tuscan wine 90 HP & HIP HOP Black i have booked mine FTA and slated for delivery on the 19th the on road price was 7.50.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    When did you book? Also, is it a 2011 manufactured model or the 2012 Manufactured?

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuV3WO6pPJHOdGZraGs5Nm1lTzN6NmxJYVBFdWpDYmc
    This is the Price quote from VST Motors in Chennai.
  6. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    if u are buying a punto 90 Hp, book it now .. don't think about GC as a + point.
    i own a exotica red 1.3 active, which is also my first own car too .. have 205/55 R15 profile tyres .. and trust me i never felt GC a problem, and infact if a New 90 Hp arrives it won't be cheaper then right now what you are getting ...
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I know, it's already 8.25 Lakhs on road and my original budget was 6.5
    Not sure how much I can stretch but like some of the folks here pointed out, will wait for the Feb discounts to kick in.
  8. Sorry for joining late to this discussion. I am one more example of owning Punto as first car. My GP 1.2 Active is my first car. I used to drive my cousin’s Santro before, but very rarely. I must admit that, it (may be every car) requires some time to be used to. I became used to my car with in a week or so. I do not have parking sensors or any guidance except rear view mirrors and sometimes some helpful eyes.
  9. ArunJavgal

ArunJavgal

I got a Punto last month 15th, this is my first car...I feel very easy to drive Punto than Beat.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yes, It is absolutely fine. the only draw back is, once you get comfortable with Punto, the other cars will fail to excite you and when you plan to upgrade, you will have to look for something which will satisfy you ;)