1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it FGP F.I.R.E Dynamic or MJD Active

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by krismask, Sep 3, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    it used to be like this till the Emotion Pack variant was renamed to Emotion.

Current Dynamic variants are the same as erstwhile Emotion variants and that clears the confusion i believe.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    From what i remember during my purchase decision, dynamic variant in petrol does not have ABS but diesel has it.

Looking at the assumed annual mileage, F.I.R.E makes sense but as someone pointed out earlier, it doesn't do justice to the amazing chassis that punto offers.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is how Fiat has confused us by changing the variants so often.

Current Dynamic Petrol/Diesel has ABS.
  4. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    I got 1.2 FIRE Dynamic in feb 2013 . It doesn't have an ABS :(
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah, seems ABS is available only on 1.3 multijet Dynamic models, not on 1.2 FIRE.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you sure about this? If the information on Fiat India website is to be believed, Dynamic FIRE has got ABS.

punto dynamic.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramesh, there is #, and they forgot to tell what is it :).
    Check specification on pdf brochure (download it), there is one * for ABS, and below is mentioned that this is applicable only for 1.3.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh Ravi. You are right.

Another flaw in the Website. We should have a separate thread titled 'Identify the bug in the Fiat India Website'. :D
  9. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks friends for your feed back. Me and wifey has made up our mind to go for Punto 1.3 MJD Active. I am like :eek:, how did miss these below points when I decided Punto 1.2 F.I.R.E. ?. The decision was purely made based on our future usage which also includes wife's wish list. That would be

1. Regular weekend drives ( 600 kms/Month) - We visit my in laws place(25 kms one way) almost every weekend and can't remember when we stayed indoors over weekend since marriage. We are always on the move in weekends but mostly within city.
    2. Weekdays usage - Domestic use ( 150 kms/Month) - My wife is due for delivery(second) this November, so I expect car usage to be more locally going forward considering the size of the family.
    3. Office Commuting(300 - 400 KMS/Month) - Office is 16 kms from home. Currently I use my bike to commute and car pooling with colleagues for few days. So having decided to go for MJD, am sure to increase commuting on Car and use my MJD for car pooling. I personally think car pooling is a wise option but don't see many interested in choosing to do so.
    4. Unplanned/planned trips - 2500 - 3000 KMS/year. We usually do minimum 1500 kms/year between Chennai-Bangalore to visit relatives. So the rest would be unplanned trips which I think will be more than what I mentioned.

Of course, the list includes other factors discussed in my initial post of this thread. So all the usage calculations were made based on how we've been using cars for last four years except office commuting and unplanned trips. I must admit that I was quite serious that my wife would not allow me to spend more bucks on a diesel car hence zeroed in on F.I.R.E and was actually planning to drive less. However Punto 1.3 MJD at 4.99 Ex showroom has reduced the price gap quite significantly. We are absolutely fine with spending that additional 35-45k to go for a diesel and of course increase our usage to break even on the cost over a period. Its not just about the cost but the am sure MJD will bring more smile for me especially on highways. I said earlier, I love driving on highways.

There's one interesting fact pointed out by my wife, I think her statement may not be wise but quite valid for a budget conscious family like us. She may not be right from a security perspective of the car but from maintenance stand point. She claims that less features(non electrical orvm's, rear wiper/defogger, ABS, rear power windows) on Active will actually help us spend less on long term ownership by means of maintenance/replacements. I guess she'll find more reasons to justify our decision ;)

Okay now the very important part is going ahead and taking delivery. We've discussed with the dealer and informed that we would change our booking to MJD 1.3 Active. We will have to re negotiate a bit as we get close to begin the loan proceedings. As said earlier, am keeping the loan proceedings on hold until end of this month. We expect to take delivery by mid October. I am getting too anxious :( and desperate. Wish I could take it sooner.

The credit absolutely goes to TFI for helping us making the following decisions
    1. Choosing Punto as our next drive.
    2. Choosing Punto 1.3 MJD Active variant over Punto 1.2 F.I.R.E.
    3. Choosing Punto 1.3 MJD Active - Pearl White (Red was original choice but decided white for its advantages over red, of course there is long discussion on how narrowed in on the color too.)

Sorry about being lengthy, I tried to keep it short but I think I didn't succeed on that :(
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations mate. You will LOVE the Punto and the Multijet even more.