1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it FGP F.I.R.E Dynamic or MJD Active

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by krismask, Sep 3, 2013.

1. krismask

krismask Amatore

About me :

I've already booked FGP 1.2 F.I.R.E Dynamic after several months research and financial calculation.

But yes, there one thing I missed to do in detail is discussing the decision to buy petrol Punto with my wifey. Thinking I know what am doing and I know it better, but I was wrong. After hours of discussions, we realized our driving is going to increase. She wants to do more unplanned trips without worrying on fuel cost. I have at least ten days left before I start my loan proceedings. So we are seriously thinking, to change our booking to Punto 1.3 MJD Active instead of Punto 1.2 F.I.R.E Dynamic. This will surely happen if the OTR price difference between Dynamic Petrol and Active Diesel is going to be around 30K. - 35K. I know I will miss out safety features, but whatever I buy and it is going to stay with me until next decade. I can't stretch my budget to Dynamic Diesel for sure. I've even inquired RDC and RAMKAY in Chennai for 2012 Punto's , they claim there isn't any stock left. Here's what I believe might justify my decision for Punto 1.3 MJD(2013) Diesel Active

1. I will be buying with extended warranty and Zero Depreciation insurance. Should cover major worries till 5 years.
    2. Can afford maintenance of 10-15K /Year
    3. Running expected is 10000-12000 KMS/ Year
    4. Considering the cost difference is 35K between F.I.R.E Dynamic Vs MJD Active, I should break even @ 2 years based on calculations(excel I picked up from TFI helped me to arrive at this)
    5. Keep the car for next ten years minimum.
    6. Gives me a flexibility and increase more for unplanned trips, saves daily fuel cost.
    7. Expecting the TCO for Diesel to be less than petrol over ten years considering my current usage.

Every opinion will count friends, please share your thoughts.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I'm not good in mathematics, but i'd vote for the 1.3 Multijet all day everyday. :)
    2 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

I would suggest to opt for the diesel Punto based on your monthly running. And I seriously suggest you to think for the Dynamic variant since it comes with the basic safety features such as ABS. The Active variant doesnt have it.

Are you open to used Diesel Punto's? If so you can try the TFI classifieds or any other classifieds & try searching for a mildly used Dynamic Punto. No intention to offend your interest in new cars though.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    More unplanned trips, yea, MJD! MJD will be light on the pockets.
    Go with Dynamic at least. Otherwise, You are going to have a car without safety features for the next 10 years.
    There seems to be 1L exchange bonus. Did you consider that?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I would recommend 1.3 MJD and the above two points directly favor for a Diesel car. Also, considering that you are planning to hold with this car for a longer period, a Diesel car is what you should look for.

Make an informed decision. All the best.
  6. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Does the FGP FIRE 1.2 dynamic come with ABS ? AFAIR, it does not.
    So be in Diesel Active or 1.2 dynamic, both do not come with ABS. so from the safety front, both are spec'd same.

So go ahead with the 1.3 MJD Active. and enjoy the unplanned weekend trips.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I think all Dynamic variants have it.

Personally, I wouldn't strike out a variant if it didn't have ABS in it. I'm a bit old school in that regard. Good driving practices are more important than new age gizmos. ( I hope i'm not flamed for saying so :|)

3 people like this.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Go with MJD and get addicted! Taste the turbo and you may never want to taste NA (naturally aspirated engine) ever!!!

Also I feel 1.2l engine do little justice to our heavier Puntos.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You are wrong buddy. I had the same impression until a Punto 1.2 zipped past me during one of TFI meet in Chennai. :)
    1.2 has got very good low end torque.
    3 people like this.
  10. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Hey I own a 1.2 FIRE..
    I decided on 1.2 FIRE dynamic primarily because i needed the additional features it had and also my usage is little less.

1.3 MJD as people say would be a good option :) .
    But you have live with the features of active variant, as dynamic comes with little extra features, it all comes down to usage and the feature list which u can live with :)