1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it advisable to do the 15k 2nd srvice before time.

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Stallion, Jun 25, 2011.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

You can present an arguement that you're at 13K kms & are going for a long trip of more than 4000 kms, obviously wanting to get the 2nd service done before that :)

Thats actually happened with me. I booked 2nd service at about 14,500 kms & then suddenly had to go for a Goa trip. Had to cancel service appointment & by the time I came back & dropped the car for service, ODO was reading more than 16,500 kms. Fortunately, TASC never uttered a single word & did the service.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well at 15k all that's gonna remain in there is DALDA oil, get it done early and try following a shorter period for oil change. I get it don every 5k km's and my baby flies nice and low.
    just go ahead and get it done
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

I have a Punto MJD which has done 4.5k kms in 2 months time. Is it ok to change the oil and not change the oil filter at 7.5k kms?
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Maverick- I changed the Oil "without" changing the oil filter at 8000Km on Odo. Oil filter costs Rs400 only but I opted not to get it changed as my 2nd service was ~3months away back then and I was expecting that my running would be low during this time. Plus, the real reason was that I was running very low on Vitamin M.

I would recommend that if you feel doubtful, get the filter changed as well. Nothing like it. Taking the decision to retain the old filter is really hard.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Oil change without an oil filter change is only 20% the work done. An oil filter change is a big must.

6. no point in changing oil without changing filter
    circulation of new oil only once through an old filter makes it equivalent to old oil
    So it is recommended to refrain from such things.
  7. An oil filter removes contaminants from the engine oil,so it is advisable to go for an oil filter change once you drain the old fluid.This is as dieselmania said as good as flushing the new oil into a dirty filter,which makes no sense.:)