1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it advisable to do the 15k 2nd srvice before time.

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Stallion, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Hello gurus at TFI,
    I had an enquiry is it advisable to do the 15k service before time i have done almost 13k, 1.)i find the oil has become too black i color....so i guess it is time to change it...
    2.)at engine start i find it very noisy but after regular running the noise becomes normal.

Note:Mods please move it to the appropiate thread.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stallion, how many months has the car completed? 13k can be stretched to 14k and then you can get the car serviced.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Stallion, i'll say go for the service now only.

13k kms is a LOT for the factory filled oil and your engine will be better off recieving a service early on.

15000 km oil change interval for a semi synthetic oil is really stretching its limits.

I'm sticking to 7500km oil changes.

As for the oil blackening, it's normal in diesels. The new oil which you'll put in will get blackened by the time you drive out of the TASS. It is a sign that the oil is doing it's job well.

Cheers
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But, it's important to know the months completed and the response of service center. If the car has completed 10-10.5 months and the service center is not willing to accept the car for service for another 1 month, then changing the oil could prove a costly affair (Rs2300 for 4 liter oil and oil change charges extra depending upon the service center).

Another option is to get the oil changed now after discussing with the service center that they won't insist upon oil change at the time of scheduled service.

I got my first oil changed at the time of getting the Linea armrest installed in Delhi in early May 2011. Oil was bought in Chandigarh but the service center was asking for ~Rs650 to change oil (on the pretext of labour charges for ""paid servicing"" of the car as 2nd free service was a good 3 months away). Odo reading was around 8000Km.

I got the oil replaced but the oil filter is still the old one.
  5. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    @ paddleshifter the car has completed almost 7 months... i.e. it will complete 7 months on july 5th.
    @gurjinder ya that color change i understand but this is dark charcoal type black...k then i think i i should take appointment for service ASAP.

thanks guys...
  6. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    wait till 15k no problem if oil has turned black that's normal with diesel engines
    engines makes more noise in cold start whether its petrol or diesel. . so just chill n enjoy ur mjd till 15 k.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, got it stallion. So it has done 13k in 7months. Then you can talk to the service center and see how they respond.

As far as oil turning black, the service advisor told me that oil gets black in diesel cars soon after oil change and the color of engine oil isn't the main criteria for oil change. But yes, you can ask for service appointment at 13-14k.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Talked to the local TASS and they started making excuses for a service at 13k kms.

Do have a talk with your TASS and check whether they agree or not.

If this is the way they're gonna play then we'll be better off getting a 7500km oil+filter change done outside, then 15,000km one at TASS. And so on for every subsequent 7500km's. But that's just me, and i'm rather too wary about oil issues. :p

Gurjinder
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Buddy take ur car to TASS for 2nd service.Engine Oil's in indian condition dont last for more than 6-8k kms.It's my personel observation being in a city like mumbai.I will/nor wait for the 15k service interval.
  10. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    i did my 2nd service of linea at 8000 ks,oil change and all..dont hesitate, go for it!