1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is it a Good deal??

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by itsvikrams, Jul 20, 2013.

1. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    I have planned buy a fiat punto 90 hp sorry fell in love with..Ramkay fiat chennai quoted around 8.8 lakhs....but after the loyalty discount and insurance discount..He is coming to 8.05 lakhs..IS it good deal..I feel it can be bargained more...Looking for experts advice...
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I reckon some Chennai guys can chime in here with a better response. Not sure how much tax you guys are burdened with
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Is it a 2012 model or 2013? From your words, i am assuming that it should be a 2013 model. If not, please ask or bargain for more. Also haggle for freebies like Parking sensors, mud pads, etc.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is a great deal! I doubt if there is any more room for bargaining, approach the other dealer in town and pitch themselves against each other. That should be your last resort for a better bargain.

To give you an idea, our 75HP was bought for 7.75L OTR, Chennai, in April 2012 under the Fiat-TATA JV.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    75hp punto emotion 2012 model onroad 7lakh and 2013 punto emotion model 7.5lakh at RDC. Then 90hp is should cost around 7.8l max

i feel ramkay are not giving much discount. Chk with RDC.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Unbelievable price. Does RDC manufacture cars themself?

If you don't expect genuinity, good buying experience and would be just happy with the low price, just go to RDC and talk with Mr. Fazil. Rest assured. :)

And later please don't complain that Fiat is bad and things like that.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, while I was looking for quotes for the 75HP, I did thorough ground work. I had quotes from Manakular, Concorde, VST and True Sai. I went blindly with VST because of the best price they could offer but later I came to know of few loopholes the then VST under Fazil had used. For instance, my car's IDV was very much low, by more than a lakh by the norm, which I noticed only while I was renewing it. Why this exercise? Because the insurance came free and that they could save on the premium.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ True DRIV3R. Even, I bought my car from VST and my friend pdranjith also bought from VST. Ranjith had very bad experience with Fazil under VST. Since then I stopped recommending VST to anyone and I used to recommend Corcorde for the genuinity of Raman eventhough they quote a bit high.
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I heard that new delivery team is formed in RDC after our feedback. Fazil and co will just stop their work after price negotiations and booking's.

Delivery team will take care post booking until the car is handed over.

Even i had the same issue for lesser IDV.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How would the situation improve with this model? Any customer will talk with the sales team and there lies the exact problem. Even after known about him for all these years, I can't just recommend RDC to anyone. I was already embarassed twice. If he makes any promises which the delivery team is not aware of, this will lead to further complications.

I would always prefer a single person to deal throughout the buying process.

OT:- The BEST sales experience I have had till date is from Hyundai Motor Plaza while I bought the Getz.