1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is focusing headlamps needed after a change?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Nov 6, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Recently the low beam on my 90/110 phillips rally had its last breath .. I've not changed it yet and running on stock bulbs for now.
    After i get the new bulbs i would like to know How to do focusing ? .
    Is it necessary or simply just putting the bulb in the sockets is sufficient?

If i have to do focusing can anyone please write down the technicalities involved>?
    Also i'm not aware of which screws to tighten or loosen (for focusing).. Any pics of the whole procedure is deeply appreciated
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is a very nice article on this topic

Here is a picture of the two screws that are to be used for vertical and horizontal adjustment. This is a Linea's headlamp. Not so sure if the setup in a Punto is similar.

WP_000209.jpg

Rajan
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @theblack - Have you observed any difference of beam throw between stock bulbs vs phillips rally?

@pachyboy - Informative article on head lamp aiming. Thanks for posting the link here.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi patchboy , i tried more turns in the screws for adjustment of my right light , but no effect on high beam , only low beam is changing that too very slightly
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If only bulbs have been replaced with same brand and model, there should be no need for re-alignment.

If brand is changed or model then you need to refocus.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    italia-linea, the bulbs were indeed upgraded from stocks to 90/110 phillips rally
    So my guess is i need refocusing?
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    100/90 rally are very good bulbs. check on the wall how the beam pattern is. If its similar to stock and you are comfortable dont change. Or else do the adjustment