1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is Fiat's ASS Really Bad ???

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Sumit, Aug 5, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat according to me has really improved on the ASS.the only issues remaining is the spare parts which thy have to seriously look into.I seriously speaking never had any problem with service in Bombay in fact they were very friendly and helpful and passed on everything which otherwise one have to pay for.I got my rack changed under extended warranty (2009 march, 57000kms) without any question asked which I think wold be a major task with other manufacturers.CSS changed under under extended warrant although the original plastic CSS was going ok.Changed the full power window assembly during the dying days of warranty which could have been easily fixed with simple lubrication.I never faced any other problems in my car.I think the fear is over done.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    It's even O.K if they don't have spares,but the pitiest thing is they are asking me the spare part number!!,how would I know??.
    When I say,I don't know,Iam asked to look into the box and find out the spare part number!.Fiat gave me only the car and not all the empty spare part boxes.So,since they do not know the number I doubt if they had ordered.
    It would be of great service if some one posts a page/thread containing all the spare part numbers.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala,

You have got a lemon car and lemon service. It is strange that you are holding on to the twin lemon. Any specific reason ? One can sense a love hate towards Fiat
    Abdul
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Abdul,
    Car per se is/was not a lemon when I bought it,it was perfect.
    Things changed when ever the car went to the TASS for routine service.Rear doors started closing like autorickshaw doors after 2nd service and the panel gap is so huge that Iam afraid rear seat passenger would fall through the door panel gap!.After 3rd service car came back with leaking oil and fuel tank,which was rectified after writing to Fiat management.Now after 4th service the wiper problem and I have to wait for 25 days for a simple combination switch to arrive.Iam fed up of the attitude of the TASS which behaves as if it is doing some social service in attending Fiat cars and never stores any spare apart from fuel,air filter.
    Love hate relalionship?,yes,love towards the car and hatred towards everything else.
    Yes,am holding on to the lemon,since I've totally lost interest in cars am not buying cars at all in future.It may sound like a knee jerk reaction,buy I neither have time nor patience to run for spares,diagnose the problem in the car and tell the solution to the A.S.S. and keep following up if parts have arrived and problems are being sorted out.
    Now,to my understanding,Cars=nuisance+problems,atleast Fiat is like that.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Bala I think u should better change the TASS. Do these guys(TASS, inexperienced lot)behave same way with Tata cars also if yes. then how Tata sales are growing every year or Tata owners are the most patient one or may be few Fiat car owners are the most fussy one.
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Varin, the TASS where Bala service his Linea is supposed to be the best in chennai..
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @Bala,

If the TASC is your nightmare, you should be trying to avoid it as much as possible. Our fellow tfian cvanandh has already gone thru the combination switch experience and he solved it by sourcing from Kava in two days. Ramjn also got his rear lights from the same source. It is much cheaper too. If you know the problem component why dont you order that component with kava straight away and get done with your issue. There will be some good mechanic around your place who can get it fixed. If I were you I would do that. there is another source in Chennai who deals in Punto linea spares.

Abdul
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Varin bro: I really don't intend to dampen your enthusiasm here or bash Fiat. But tell me one thing, why should there be so many component failures or issues in a two-year old 10 lakh car? Seriously, Fiat isn't high on my radar when it comes to reliability. Their reliability record in the second innings with Linea/Punto is pathetic to say the least. TASS replaces stuff more often than not even for Manza (have a couple friends who have had intercoolers replaced). Guess what, Manza shares the same plant as the new-gen Fiats!
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Abdul, Can you share the details of the source in Chennai who deal with Punto/Linea spares?
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Abdul,what is this Kava and who is the other one in Chennai who deals with Fiat spares(how is it available outside TASS?)