1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is Fiat's ASS Really Bad ???

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Sumit, Aug 5, 2011.

1. bimal

I have mixed response from different service centers.
    Advice - Never go to KVR Kannur.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Jayadev, Where did you buy your car?
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    From KVR Kannur.

What happened at KVR Kannur.??
  3. I would say Yes its bad. Some are related to service personals, some are related to FIAT's bad quality parts.

1st service @ 15k - was hassle free :dance

Alloy bend and wobbling issue @ 20k - Ended up without car for 2 weeks with not good response. They rejected alloy replacement but sad part is that they were not able to give confirmation 'will the wobbling issue will go off if I change allot & tyre?' Just a test run with another set of rim could have given them an answer (I asked for this when I initially gave the car but went to deaf ear!) :punch

2nd service @ 30k - The car was given back without verifying reported major issues and had to send back twice ending up 1.5 weeks without car! :chair:.

You will get heart-attack if I sum up the cost of parts changed under warranty. Worrying part is that the car had completed 2years and the default warranty is over. Additional warranty is doesn't cover many parts.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Very very bad.
    It's ok if they do not solve the problems,but what with them creating new problems and increasing the existing ones
  5. royj

royj Esperto

I had two service centers for my previous Hyundai, one was good and the other was bad.
    With Fiat too I have two service centers, one is good and other is bad. So I don't see much difference.
  6. NJOY

I had Central door locking problem (Door was locked and unlocked with some noise). On enquiry with my Fiat Dealer they informed it was due to water entered in Door Locking System. Without any further enquiry from my side, they promptly told me since your vehicle is under Warranty we will change it free of cost and they changed it immediately. I personally appreciate the FIAT mechanic :dancing for his immediate action. Keep it up FIAT :wow. In Service Industry it is hard to get good name from customer since it is highly depend on the person who deliver the service. I got Good Service because of the Service Mechanic at Tata-Fiat Service centre was Good.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Today,all the day was spent with my car visiting all the TASS in Chennai,searching a spare and quite expectedly none of them had,order is placed and spare will be received after 25 days!
  8. Hey gvm ,
    Just curious .. Why are you saying that the additional / extended warranty doesn't cover many parts ?? I was under the impression that the extended warrenty is same as the initial 2 yrs warrenty which covers all the parts .. Am I wrong ?

9. Srini

Srini Regolare

He is correct Ajit. It does not equivalent to initial cover. However, it covers major parts which are costlier except electronics. I believe electronics goes with a warranty of one year - Head Unit; Blue & Me etc.,

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Bala what kind of a problem you are facing? I believe you go to VST mount road. Which SA attends you?
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

My car came back from 4th service 10 days back(vst) and since then the wiper gets switched on when ever the car is started.Fine,I 'll blame it on the rats who ate up the wiper relay,but a small part like combination switch is not available in the entire city of Chennai and It's TASS and I'll have to wait for 25 days to get that,hoping that it doesn't rain inbetween.
    For people looking for poor sales of FIAT,this is it,even the most basic parts are not available off shelf and everything has to be ordered and awaited,endlessly.
    Never will I ever buy a Fiat car again,I'll buy any car who's spares are available even in a street corner shop
    (I had to pay Rs.500 for the diagnosis made,only to be told that I have to drive a car without wiper)