1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is Fiat's ASS Really Bad ???

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Sumit, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Guys been reading across the forums that every car manufacturer in India has a problematic if not worst after sale service and service network. important item like front wind-shield is not available at service stations. it takes months to get them. the list goes on.but its only Fiat thats is constantly bashed.

please pour in your experiences.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maruti may recall 13,000 cars , blow up engines while checking them , Volkswagen may give away a car in which a turbo dies the next day and DSG gearboxes in their "premium cars" like Jetta may have the lifespan of a firefly , Hyundai i20 may always present steering & other issues.

BUT

Only FIAT is going to be bashed. That's the reality.

Ofcourse FIAT has its own share of niggles. But everyone conveniently forgets to put it into perspective. The moment we mention FIAT , various gremlins come in people's minds.

Mention VW - Quality German Engineering
    Maruti - Solidity and reliability.
    and the like.

I've said it before, it's the image and the thinking.

Jai ho to us Indian buyers ! ::T
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    no!! it is almost better than rest.
    but it is not lucrative and red carpet welcome with a deadly hideous smile behind .

badnami ka kalank ek bar maathe par lag jaaye to surf excel se bhi nahi dhulta."
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder, but we do need to admit that a FIAT car suffers from some very basic niggles right after delivery.

As I had said in the Vento vs Linea thread, ""engineering reflects only in the engine compartment. Rest of the car is an art""

FIAT lacks in this art of putting together a car. VolksWagen and the rest suffer from Engineering.

VW just says "German Engineering". They don't claim it to be good or bad. Just that we add the word amazing to every word German. :p
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    atleast not everyone is facing niggles in there car, thankfully m not ..
    and + 1 to paddleShifter n Gurjinder ..
    hope won't get ban for using +1 in here :s
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Yashik

Absolutely, like i said - FIAT has its own set of niggles, and even our Linea is suffering from the common niggle of leaky power steering oil reservoir.

What i find mind boggling is the blanket generalisation that if it's FIAT, it's bound to be problematic. If VW then quality, if Maruti Hyundai then reliability. Gross generalisations.

Gurjinder.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    One reason everyone blames Fiat is since they have exited the Indian market twice. But the same people do appreciate that the build quality of Fiat is solid and better than most Japanase, US cars. Infact better than all Japanase cars.

I have seen my friends with Maruti suffer. Also have read thru mouthshut forums about bad Hyundai ASS. Infact talk about any car and you will find niggles somewhere with sales, ASS but people buying or looking to buy Fiat are more cautious since they don't know if Fiat might exit India again.

Talking about ASS one of my friends new Swift had an accident and he went to SK Motors to get the bonut changed he was told to come after 5 days as the bonut was not available.
    My wifes cousin took a second hand swift and unfortunately had an accident in the parking area and he had to shell out 20K for repairs that too not at an Maruti showroom. 3 months after that he had a AC Coil problem which had to be replaced. His total expenses came to 25K which is not cheap.

I haven't found the ASS to be to be bad from Fiat, and I can't comment much on other vendors ASS as I don't have much experience, but personally I feel that Fiat ASS is satisfactory and it is improving and I hope ASS as well as Sales Improves
  8. vks

vks

Bangalore
    At least today, after an excellent treatment I & my FGP received at Pandit Auto (Tilak Road, Pune), addressing all my problems / queries, I will say the service team is really good & is one of the best! Yes they took two days, but no major parts replaced, no lame excuses - all noises vanished. And, the charge? Rs 140/-.
    I am a happy man today!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    issues with fiat has been blown out of proportion through paid forums,bogus reviews and lack of advertisements.

i myself had lot of anxiety in begining fearing lot of troubles and very difficult time with ASS. which reflects in my ownership reviews too.
    but so far since 8 months there is not a single issue worth complain.
    some credit goes to service centre here in my hometown. KVR dream vehicles kannur. i heard they are number 1 quality service centre for tata fiat in whole south india.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiat after sales service has definitely improved a lot. They take our feed-backs seriously. Warranty claims are accepted without any hassles apart from their own proactive replacement. I gave 10/10 for the third free service and 9/10 for the second free service.