1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is Fiat not manufacturing Tuscan Wine?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sreedhara_bj, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

Request for urgent help.

My Brother in Law booked Tuscan Wine MJD E+ on October 29th,(for 7.63 OR), at Aadhya Motors Bangalore, he wanted October make , they agreed to give him either October or Sep model. He wanted to take delivery on 3rd week of November as he had to go to Italy for 10 days:).

We wanted to do PDI on 12th (myself own 1.4 Dynamite :cool:, so knew bit about the things which can go wrong, especially month of manufacture) , and hopeful of getting delivery by 18th. He finished loan processing on 10th of Nov itself and made remaining payments. But they did not bring the vehicle to show room, said it is at Hoskote - their stock yard, it will come by 14th.
    Now the real problem, the vehicle which they wanted to offer was June make (FMZ) . They are saying FIAT is not manufacturing any Tuscan Wine from June, so they can give this only. They have booked it after we made booking and fiat only sent June mode. This they are telling after all payments made and just before the day of registration. They did not even hint while booking. His 1st EMI starts from Dec.
    They even claiming that fiat is coming up with new model, and rates are increasing, for that he has to cancel and re book it again if he doesn't want this model. Their earlier promised delivery was 3rd week of Nov, but till now they haven't delivered .

Can anyone answer this? This information is quite urgent.

1) Has Fiat stopped Tuscan wine?
    2) How good to buy June model without further discounts?
    3) Has anyone bought Oct or Sep make Tuscan Wine model?
    4) Is it good to wait for new model?

Please reply?

JFI: His would have been 3rd Punto in our family,
    1st - 1.4 Dynamic Red, 2010 (clocked 17k) - mine
    2nd - 1.3 E+ Red 2011 - My Uncle
    3rd - was supposed to be his.
    All of them wanted FIAT after taking my car on a long trips :)

Thx,
    Sree
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great to hear that you have bonded them towards FIAT,
    You can check it with the FIAT Help Desk itself whether they have discontinued the TW.
    Yeah the Price will surely rise up in 2012 as many manufacturers have already done, You will loose the discounts on the current one, as i think they will just make some minor changes in the Interiors, Punto Evo is not gonno come up in India so soon buddy.
    Even I purchased my Grande Punto on 24.12.2009 as the Fortune Motors waved me off with Insurance and the Registration charges with Road Tax, But i registered the Grande during the second week of jan 2010, My punto was December manufactured.... the Bar code sticker was there inside the Glove Box, where they date and the Time of car coming out of the plant was mentioned, it was 09.12.2009 10:15:20 Hrs....
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have seen Fox Trot Azure Punto manufactured in August/September 2011. I think the problem is not that Fiat has not manufactured Tuscan Wine, but the problem could be that the dealer either has only a June vehicle or all latest manufactured vehicles have been sold off/sent to other dealers (and hence none in the Fiat stockyard). Since the new model is round the corner, production changes may be going on in the plant.

Your BIL has the option to either pick this up or maybe wait if he can afford to wait (but there shall not be the discount on the new model next year)
  4. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    TIAT has a good amount of stock in linea .. hecause of that they offering good discounts . based on stock availability they will manufacture..i think june not so bad you can take. if you are so particular about the month of manufacture , waitefor till jan..
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    What you can do is have a word with FIAT. Call up their help line & talk to them . I don't think FIAT is going to send a 5 month old car from their plant. TW is also a fast moving color. Owing a sept /Jun 2011 model doesn't make any difference. But we really need to find out why this Jun model has come. If you are planning to go with this Jun make, do a micro level PDI . Make sure they clear out each & every thing that you find out as a problem before you take the delivery . Getting things solved out after delivery is going to be a pain ...
  6. gvkv

gvkv Timido

Hyderabad
    I took the delivery of my TW punto Active last week and it is NOV manufactured...i.e VIN number ends with LMZ. So FIAT didn't stopped TW, Infact it is very fast moving colour...
  7. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi gvkv,

Thanks for that information. Today will ask for Nov model, if not we will go with June model definitely with great discount.
  8. GVKV,
    Yours is a Active model . Also it will be helpful if you can change your car owned status from a Fiat Enthu to the respective car .

It will be helpful for sreedhara if anyone else can confirm that they have received a TW Emotion + model that is manufactured after June.

Aslo Sreedhara , Since you family already own 2 puntos , you will be knowing that the time you book your car you can know the VIN number and in turn the manufacturing month .

Ajit
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  9. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Ajit,
    We didn't book the car which was available, but told them clearly that we want either JMZ or KMZ.
    Just wanted to know, is the FIAT stock yard in Hoskote is common for all dealers? In that case, other dealers might have got higher priority and no takers for this June model.

--- Sree
  10. muni

muni

Bangalore

Prerana guy told me that their stockyard is at Nelamangala. If one wants to do a PDI, does he have to go to Nelamanagala. Guys who have bought from Bangalore and Prerana( rajajinagar) please advise.

My alloted VIN says JMZ ( is it okie?)