1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is any Extra Care/Attention required during first 5K run?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Fiatian, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Gurjinder :)

Very detailed information, good to know such useful information.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest to spend some time reading the owners manual too :). for most of us its like a boring book which is never opened. whatever suggestions you have got here and some more are already mentioned in the manual :p
    1 person likes this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    And some are not :) Go through your manuals again :)
  4. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    Going through manual surely provides most of the information but, the post I created here is to get suggestions from GP owners experience during their first 5000kms run.

Also, I haven't used Diesel car earlier so was more keen to learn on taking better care of GP MJD.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  5. its like how we take care of children not only after birth but till it is physically, emotionally and mentally possible for us to :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    At the Fiat Factory meet that was held last month, me and Vj_V1 witnessed the test track runs and were astonished by the way our cars are tested before coming out of the Factory to the dealer. They were just ripping the cars. Accelerating to the max RPMs, panic braking, twisting and turning and what not. We smiled at each other about how concerned we guys are about the run-in period and stuff. Though I wouldn't advice you to rip your car, just enjoy the drive and follow the idling practice that Gurjinder has mentioned above. I have never maintained the run-in period and all, lately after a strong dose of advice from Vj_V1, I have started the idling practice too for around 1-2 mins before and after a drive.
    3 people like this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    well, in case you are talking about about idling before start, like gurjinder already mentioned that is a debatable topic but since its written in manual that it is of no use so i don't practice it neither do i suggest anyone. other suggestions (except idling before shutting down) are like we follow them unknowingly most of the times. those are not the do/not do type ones.
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    They have written it in the manual that way just because Euro norms dont allow it. Debatable topic? Well its written in all other cars manual for turbo charged cars. Even if you apply simple logic of how oil flows and the oil viscocity its quite imparent that the idling works.

On many turbo diesel cars there is a sticker pasted near ignition key / dash. " Warning : Idle 30 second before and after, Turbo spinning at 1 lacs plus RPMs"
    Its written in my tata safari manual too.

Your choice - to be or not to be.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

As they say to each his own.
    Turbo or not,i follow this idling schedule,on each of my vehicles be it turbocharged or NA.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Yes its a very good practice. I follow it on my bike too. Actually its better for any engine to get it to its working temp and then move on. So around 60 seconds idling works good.