1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Is 60K discount More or Less on a 2013 Linea Emotion Model

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Ksrini, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Ksrini

Ksrini

Hyderabad
    Planning to buy a Linea Emotion and dealer is saying its 2013 model so he would offer around 60k discount - is it worth exploring more - somehow got a feeling he can give more but was holding back - whats the trend

I feel I should go for Dynamic but the dealer is saying discount on Emotion model only :(
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Dont budge for anything lesser than 1 lac. And yes go for emotion. :)
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2013 model? Month is important here. Is it January 2013 manufactured or December 2013 manufactured. Buying upto 6 months old car at full price is acceptable provided the year of manufacturing is same as year of purchase.

In case you are buying a car from previous year manufacturing, a "justified discount" should be calculated. Buying a car from previous year means that you get approx. 10-15% depreciation on the price of the car in addition to the 15% depreciation suffered officially as soon as car is taken out of showroom.

Buying a Rs10 lacs car mean, a depreciation of Rs 1-1.5 lacs.

Honestly speaking if I were you, I would set Rs 1 lacs as a minimum discount for this model. Anything extra is good.

This discount is justified as the car is approx. 1 year old now (Its August of 2014 already) because the life of battery and tyres sure does get affected even on standing in stockyard for 1 year.
    2 people like this.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

100% agreed, Jan to Dec 2013 is 12 months

I also got an year old showroom display model , with a similar kind of discount

Negotiate more and keep trying
    1 person likes this.