1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

irritating sound from the right front wheel side.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Pauleralil, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    after doing the 15k km service at concorde kochi, I have been facing a this irritating sound which comes from the right front wheel side.. when you drive slow i.e <50km/h i can feel this... as you increase the speed this sound is less.. there is also some sort of discomfort on steering which i dont know how to explain.

The other day i notices that the right front wheel had a puncture and as it is tubeless i never came to know until i stopped for the monthly air pressure check.

My car had a run of 500kms and it returned a 19.5kmpl...:)
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It's very difficult to diagnose sounds in a forum. You have to be more detailed on the problem you are facing.

Does the sound come when you are turning the car? If yes, ask your dealer to check the link rods & strut mounts. This is a known problem on Fiat's.

Discomfort on steering is very difficult to understand.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Is it kind of booming noise only from a particular wheel? Do check if it's wheel bearing noise - Worn out wheel bearing can cause alignment issues.

Also please ensure you check your Tyre pressure at least every week, because our road aren't butter smooth and filled with nails and what not.
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    @amit and @ Teky Thanks for responding.

Sorry that i didn't explain it well here. The sound seems to coming while running straight at less than 50kmph.. and it is not a booming noise.

I am not sure why but for past 2 days after i got my puncture fixed, there seems to slight improvement.. However i trying to confirm if this sound coming back and from where it is being generated.. I will definitely try to explain it better next time.
    Thanks