1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

iPadding the Jet

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mathuranuj, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Hello All

I have a BNW T-Jet+ and I am in love with the car. I would now like to put some entertainment in the car but do not want to tamper with the existing electrics and Blue&Me. So I thought about putting my iPad as an entertainment device in the car. I can get an iPad car mount and out it there.

However, my query is that will I be able to play movies on iPad and stream the sound via the car's speakers and also charge the iPad at the same time?

Expert/Enthusiasts, please share your knowledge on this subject
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Easiest way to do it I think would be to connect the speakers to an amp, and the amp directly to the iPad's 3.5mm jack.
    And charging can be done through the 12V port.
    You might lose BT handsfree connectivity though, unless you find an a2dp streaming app for the iPad.
  3. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Thanks Arkin, but I am not looking to add any other electrical device to the car. Don't want to alter the factory fits...
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Since our Blue&Me units do not support music streaming / a2dp, your options are few:(.
  5. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Do you think it is possible to connect the OEM speakers to the amp? i asked a couple of fellow TFIans and all of them said that it would damage the OEMs.. whats your take on this?
  6. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I'm not sure. If the OEMs can't be hooked to the amp, a cheap set of after-market replacement speakers for 3-5k would both come to the rescue and up the SQ.
  7. arunabhis

arunabhis Timido

Mumbai
    Hi you can connect the ipad to blue and me and you can hear the sound through the speakers. I connect my iphone to the usb and it charges as well if i play music on the device it routes through the car speakers.
  8. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    These are my thoughts too :cool: .. Will have to check if it works. Since the iPad does not get charged from the laptop USB port so am not sure if the iPad will be charged from the USB port in the car.