1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Inviting Suggestions : Reorganising GARAGE Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 5, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear All,

We are currently in the process of doing some enhancements / improvements to the forum. Nothing major but some much required functionality tweaks and improvements in the forum software.

One MAJOR area of improvement is the GARAGE forum. There are far too many sub-forums within the GARAGE forum.

May I request you guys to give us suggestions about how can the GARAGE forum be reorganised efficiently?

Thanks,

Amogh
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Should this type of flowchart help in your process. If so, maybe I can keep working on it.

tfi.png
    1 person likes this.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @simpleson : Good work!

The intention is to reduce the clutter and keep the sub-forums as all encompassing as possible.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^Thanks Amogh,

Once the detailed flowcharts are done with we can decide on limitation aspects and make the headers more broadbased to keep them even simpler if possible.

For now I need to discuss ideas with you and other Mods and members willing to share inputs in this regard. This chart or flowchart can be collaborated on email invites and a few more technical heads (members) like say "Italia-Linea" and more like him who could help make it more precise and qualitative.

I think Topics segregation is the key here. For people wanting to participate or study Mechanical aspects of cars we can have different sections, than those having electrical issues. In each section servicables, consumables, spares - OEM and Aftermarket and more relevant such sub-sections could be made. I do understand what you mean by 'encompassing', but will need more guidance in that regard.