1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Inviting Suggestions - Logistics for TFI Merchandise

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    True Ravi. We can give a try. This may work out because they already have good infra in place and it is just they need to create a separate page for TFI merchandize which can be redirected to, from TFI.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

This is the very reason why i suggested to have online inventory. So that even if the volume is less it doesn't matter at all.. Infact with online selection it doesn't matter whether we have huge volumes or slim days...
    The buyer and seller will talk it out.. The job of the Mod here is only to put it up on the shopping tool ( just as simple as uploading a pic on TFI, its going to be no more complex).

it wont be difficult ..
    I'll give you an example
    If i have something to sell on TFI (only products related to FIAT and TFI are allowed).
    i'll just send my details to you (My closest Mod) and you upload it directly to the tool and that's it.
    Now anyone willing to buy the merchandise will either directly contact me or ping you to get my number and that will be it..
    If this method is followed the Mods need not worry about "yet another task" of handing goods..

Wont my idea solve this problem? Mods dont need to stock anything.. Everything will be directly shipped to the buyer from the owner

Correct, over a period of time the need might be reduced due to lack of stocks or because everyone will have everything on offer ;-)
    At such a time simply maintaining someone might not be economically viable either.

If you create a separate URL , i feel there will be almost 0 cost incurred . No need to worry about paying a 3rd party for anything by Mods to maintain things...
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I believe you are calling the merchandise producer the owner.

In that scenario, the producer will want a hefty fee to :

- stock the items
    - send each and every package to individual members

As you can see, that has the potential to spiral costs and also has the potential to provide a below par purchasing experience. That is assuming a producer will agree to stock and ship out individual items. Highly unlikely.
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am ready to become a RC from Pune. I have a private courier office near my home so logistics wont be a problem to me.

We can source Abart stuff and unique FIAT stuff from UK if we place bulk order.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Its can work out on the same logistics that were planned during the South India meet.

Each state had a co-ordinator who was in charge. He had to collect money, specify the number of Tshirts wanted prepare an excel sheet and hand it over at ooty to the Cbe Tshirt co-ordinator who distributed it accordingly. The money was paid in bulk and respective state co-ordinators collected it and distributed it. The logistics worked out were simple. So it can be the same in case of TFi merchandise. I m ready to do kerala, Ram-Tekky would be fine with TN, Shams and Sham would be fine with KA and Kiran would be happy to help from AP. Now its up to you guys
    1 person likes this.
  6. First thing came to my mind is eBay.

1. Merchandise moderators can create a seller account in eBay and publish products.
    2. Buyers (TFI members) can contact eBay seller (moderator group) in eBay following some protocol and place order.
    3. Moderator can instruct regional coordinators to ship the product to buyer (TFI member)
    4. Buyer gives feedback / ratings / review in eBay.

Cost of listing product in eBay, stocking and moving inventory, profit margin, and miscellaneous can be included in cost of merchandise. Shipping cost can be charged separately.

As buyer and seller are TFI members, disputes would be minimal (if not nil)

OT note to Mods: When can we expect new set of TFI stickers to be launched? My Punto is lacking TFI patriotism, after its TFI sticker is removed by a ______.:A
    1 person likes this.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Pune & Mumbai are not a problem. Rest of the India is.

We are not talking about outside stuff. This discussion is strictly limited to TFI Merchandise only
    2 people like this.
  8. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    My thoughts,

Lets have it in house.

This is how I have been mapping it:

1. Have a mini site within TFI which lists the merchandise with the available numbers along side of the State Mod listed (the available number should be real time).
    2. The buyer can select the product and from which of the listed source.
    3. For payment - once the mod is selected - the payment options will be shown. Only issue would be of the shipping cost. I guess we can get estimate on the weight from the courier. We can speak to HQ to get country wide deal for TFI acceptance and also get Pickup included as a deal. This can reduce Mod's work of sending the merchandise.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Dear ALL,

If i can add some thing, even 24hoursloot[dot]com is a good company. I have bought a couple of tshirts from them. Nice quality at good prices. Even one can upload their own designs and get a tshirt out of it. If more is purchased by others, a good discount is given.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012