1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Inviting suggestions for "The Layman's Perspective's" next article.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by gurjinder, Aug 26, 2014.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Friends,

As you would have seen my attempts to present the technical topics in an easy to understand manner under the banner "The Layman's Perspective", I would request you to suggest a topic for a future article. I am already writing the next installment on the Gearbox & Gear Ratios, so we can discuss other areas related to automobiles. I am most comfortable with mechanicals. We can go with the majority of suggestions.

As always, I do not profess to be an expert in everything mechanical. But automobiles remain a big passion for me and I love to learn about them and discuss. For an article to be written by me is not the final word on the matter. To me, that is just the initiation of a fruitful discussion . This way, everyone participates and comes across information shared by multitude of members.

Let the suggestions roll!

Gurjinder.
    bharath, naruf1, N Kiran and 3 others like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Great Initiative Gurjinder, very thoughtful and helpful..
    A good area would be Suspension Setups, internationally best and those in Indian cars. The most accepted, the best and the most unique, the most weird and everything related.

Thanks.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Gurji, Good initiative.
    Suggestion for new topic:- Advantage & disadvantage of the reduction of size of engine for the same block. Like 1.6 to 1.5 for long run ( I felt it is bad practice just to comply with indian Tax rule, may be I am wrong with my very limited knowledge).
  4. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    My suggestion for topic

CV joints - how front wheel drive cars handles both drive and direction control.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Gurjinder,
    Thanks for the efforts you are taking to bring the technical information in an undertstandable language. One area where I guess everyone would love more information is the electrical and instrumentation part used in most cars. For eg, level sensor, speed sensor, ABS, Airbags, etc. Request you to keep this topic in the line of discussion.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gearbox, gear ratios
    Sunilp likes this.
  7. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    Torque & Power - Their relations/differences.
    For e.g: How does it feel to drive a high torque low power machine and vice-versa.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Good Online Study sirJi, Eagerly waiting for your posts.
  9. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    ABS and EBD, Front Wheel Drive, HPS and EPS, Turbo Engines & Suspensions are some topics coming to my mind
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice one gurjinder.
    As per the above suggestions all are the important,now its the matter of order to write.Will be great if it is started with the Engine(which is already there) supported(reffered) by appropriate thread(Gear Ratios,ABS/EBD,Sensors etc.)