1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by linea7361, Jul 13, 2014.

1. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    Hello Team,

Let me start with a very BIG THANKS TO U ALL members for providing such detailed and technically correct info about FIATS.

Actually I am following this forum since Feb 2013 but inroducing quite late.

To be honest this forum only helped me a lot to be sure to buy a Linea MJD.

In Feb 2012 only i bought Dez Vdi and by 2013 i had clocked 60k km my daily run is near 170 km and in the month of april 2013 I was coming back to home from work and i was facing towards mumbai my car skidded very badly as a tempo guy suddenly took a turn witout any signal and i was doing some 110 km\hr in my Dez luckily i applied brakes car skidded and she was facing in opp direction luckily my car escaped without any scrathes as there was no one behind me.
    That day i felt i shud go for a strong car with Abs etc and post that skidding event one linea guy smoked me badly on Pune express way ..there i made my mind boss this is my next car.

I was aware of this fact that maruti is installing Fiat mjd engines only but was worried for pick up and spare parts for Linea. So i did lot of research and googling and found u all on this forum and then almost 2 months i was going through all the threads of ownership, engine etc and finally i understood that Yes FIAT LINEA is my car....

So sold my Dez vdi and bought LINEA MJD EMO 2010 IN JULY 2013 which was hardly 17k driven:clapFiat LINEA is a MIND BLOWING CAR. I have clocked around 59k till date absolutely ZERO PROBLEM CAR.
    and I never went FASS for any service.
    KAWA motors jindabad and a local mechanic.

Well I shud say " DER AYE PAR DURUST AYE".

Thanks again TEAM.

Rgds..

Amit Singh
    2 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is always a joy to see someone enjoying a Fiat Punto, Linea or any other.

I am glad to read your story, and feel confident every passing day that one could not go too wrong buying a sturdy and elegant new gen Fiat.

Welcome to the forum..!
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Amit paaji!! :)
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Welcome Amit,
    Fiat cars are like this. It changes the whole perception about FIAT company & its cars once a person owns it. The driving comfort & confidence in Fiat cars is great.
  5. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    Thanks @ asimpelson,paddleshifter and Rachit:)..... just to add that by this month end my car will be remapped by wolf . So another feather to the cap.
    Just for the record Mumbai TFIans since I bought linea I have been servicing my linea at a local garage itself and purchasing all inputs required at 15k km servicing from Kawa motors absolutely perfect spares I have done three services till now at every15k km my total bill inclusive of all filters and oil and labour and washing comes to Rs.4500 where as the same job if done at FASS will come i guess Rs.8500.So try it.

Dont Race just keep up the pace.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I believe in preventive maintenance. Also, fix it as soon as the trouble pops up, never wait for things to progress. Best to tally with Fiat's service schedule and be one step ahead. Just checked the list at SC yesterday, for the 60K service there is hardly major jobs pending for the MJD including timing chain and gear oil change.
  7. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    @ asimpleson..yes bro u r correct thats what I am also following the same service schedule as per Fiat guidelines only its just I am purchasing all the consumables, oil,filters etc from outside. But all are genuine spares. In case if something goes wrong in future with my car which a normal mechanic cannt track then i will take my linea to FASS for scanning simple. My opinion is like just for a simple oil and filter change why to throw extra Rs.5k... In the regular 15k km ka service hardly they open anything which anyone can do and if we are doing the regular service on time I dont think anything major shud happen to our cars excluding incidents beyond our control like any accident damage or some part failure.
    Even my car will be due for 60k km ka service by 25july.

cheers
    Dont race just keep up the pace.
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all,

First of all thanks to all for sharing such a valuable information for new fiat lovers and owners. I am likely to become one. I have booked linea 2012 model with a huge discount and am here to have your expert opinion on it. I have got a huge discount on emotion 1.3 mjd linea 2012. So is it wise to get a 2 year old car or get new linea