1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introduction: Vikkas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vikkas, May 22, 2014.

1. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Hello Friends,

My self is Vikas Soni. I am currently residing in Bhiwani, Haryana. I'm going to Buy my first Car.

I like Punto very much and thats why joining this form.

I am facing small problems with buying of car and regarding this I need help:

1. Whole family is against me as far as buying Punto is concerned. They just have one statement: "Iske Parts nahi milte"
    2. FIAT dealership is not in my city. Either go to Hissar or Gurgaon.
    3. I myself thinking of waiting for new model to launch.

Warm Regards,

Vikas
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhiwani ka ek aur chhora tfi pe!! (One more guy from Bhiwani, Haryana). :)

Welcome to TFI Vikas. There is another member from Bhiwani (Fiat_tarun). I have stayed in Fatehabad for 1 year with my Punto by the way. I had a flat battery once and roadside assistance arrived in 20 minutes even though there was no authorized service centre in Fatehabad district.

My comments regarding the points you made:

01. Parts are available now for Fiat cars with the establishment of Fiat service centres. This is the first time Fiat is totally independent in India. TATA dealers used to create parts issues deliberately. The only issue is that not all service centres are good at servicing and that not all cities have service centres yet.

02. There is a Fiat service centre in Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali but I go to Ambala for service because service is better there. Since routine servicing is done just once a year, it is not a major issue. But yes, this can be quite testing at times if one has to make multiple visits to the service centre.

03. Thats completely upto you bro. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Thanks PaddleShifter, Your Comments meant a lot to me.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Welcome to FIAT world, Vikkas. I adhere to all of Paddleshifter's points.

3) If there is time, you can always wait for the new model.Better interiors would be the major thing you can look for.All other things should be same or differ marginally. That's it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Thanks For your reply Bharath. But then New model may not have discount either.

Also wants to know what is the way of making payment to the dealer.

I mean I haven't booked yet. But Last week when I talked to one dealer he quoted me 5.30 Lacs. Now today someone from their office called-me and told me it 5.44 on road.
    So if tomorrow I book the car. how to make final payment. Although I told him that I'm not interested if your are changing the quote.
  6. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Welcome to TFI , go get it you will not regret your decision :dance
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Vikkas - Welcome to TFI :)

If you are really interested to go for Punto, you can very well tell them like, I got the quote for Rs.5.3L and if I get for that price, I shall book right away.

Before that please try to get quote from different dealers (if possible), negotiate hard with them, once you choose the dealer and the final amount, you have to book it with some booking amount (I have paid Rs.10k as booking amount, it depends upon the dealer) in advance, for that they will give you a receipt with sign/dealer's seal. Receipt contains the booking amount you paid, balance amount you have to pay (including Insurance, Tax etc), what are all the accessories the dealer is giving (make sure you have got all the accessories listed in the receipt) etc along with some terms and conditions.

Thumb rule is get everything in written in the receipt.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Thanks Crazy Fiatian. Will keep this in mind.And Post the developments as happen.