1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introducing PASTA - The I(nd)talian treat

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rana, Nov 30, 2011.

1. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    That is right.. but the problem is the range is not as long as the travel, as i said, the actual range is at the last few cms of the travel... it has one benefit though - you can rest you foot on the clutch pedal with the pedal getting depressed a little due to the foot weight and not affect the mechanics in any ways.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Of course only at visible corners... though there was one mad occassion when there was a hurtling car down the other side and the biker going the same way decided he need to come to the middle of the road just when I decide to pass him... There was a mad right and left swerving.. but it was mre controlled fun than dangerous now that i think
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Rana please dont use your Clutch as foot rest, you will fry your clutch this way. Even if you feel that clutch is not depresses or not in action when you rest your foot on it, it will be partially working and fry your clutch in no time. One of my friend fried his clutch in 4000km of his punto by driving like that.
  3. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Now I am confused. If there is a free play zone in the clutch pedal, that means it should not effect the clutch if kept pressed in this zone? why wuld the clutch get fried then? ami missing or may be the mechanics is not clear to me.
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Rana, clutch paddle should never be used as footrest as even if you dont feel the clutch being engage it can be in semi engage position and effect the clutch plates, thats the reason you have footrest next to clutch. This is a known problem and thats the reason you will find that lady driven cars have more clutch problem as they usually dont take their foot off the clutch paddle and use it as foot rest. No offence ment to Ladies.
    1 person likes this.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Rana,
    CONGRATULATIONS for possessing the "best Fiat" in India. Be gentle to this "Curvy-Beauty"...... follow what other friends are saying.

Hollo EveryBody here at TFI, I'm very new member on board, S A SHAH,NIT,Srinagar-6,J&K,India..... a "Blind-FIAT/Palio-Lover", hopefully a prospective T-jet Owner, may be I'm lured by year-end-discounts and won't wait for the likely face-lift. But, what Face-lift ?.... already the BEAUTY is so Beautiful.

Anyway, enjoy life and DRIVING safe while belted...!!!!
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey Rana,
    Just saw the link to this thread. Congrats on the purchase! Ain't she a beauty. :)
    Am a bit sad to note that I paid 90k more than you OTR just 7 months back.
  7. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Its a sunk cost now... we are both on the same page at this moment... besides mebbe a couple of 100 more bucks in EMi (but then I smoke so much in a week, so if you dont, we are again on the same page)

And Mumbai GUys.. lets meet up... I am looking forward to trying my hand on some other t jets also to understand better the behaviour of my card. For e.g. right in the morning at the time of push off, braking gives rise to a noise (metal against metal rubbing types) which after a few times goes away? is this a common phenomenon?
  8. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Good idea Rana... let's all meet up. I'm sure Nish and others are game too. I'm eager to try out a couple of other Jets too :)
    Damn, I haven't even gotten down to my write-up. I guess I'll just start with a lot of pics and let them do the talking.
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Yes, lets plan on a small meet.

Rana, if what you are facing is a low whistling sound on light braking, don't worry about it. It should vanish withing the first thousand or two kms. It was there in my TJet as well, and I think its just the brakes settling down.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Just 2 days back I was telling Satyajit that we HAVE to plan a meet.

@Rana and @abk1980 - I have clocked 3100 kms in 2 months on my Jet but the squealing sound from brakes is still there :-( I sent it to TASS Worli and they kept it for 2 hours. When they got back the car, it was supposed to be solved, but it still persists.

The sound is most prominent is bumper-to-bumper-traffic braking. Initially I thought it was due to brakes/tyres being cold. But the sound is there all other times as well. But like I said, only during B2B braking. Not at all when I brake on highways (100+ kmph)/normal cruising speed (i.e. 60+ kmph).