1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introducing PASTA - The I(nd)talian treat

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rana, Nov 30, 2011.

1. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Here I am.. this is me... theres no where else on earth id rather be....

Picking up from my thread in the Introduction thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/3772-new-due-jettisioned.html

So I had booked the car and since the latest manufactured Bronzo Scuro colour car was at the factorym it took a good 10 days to get it to the dealer warehouse in Bhiwandi. Owing to health reasons, I could not do a PDI at the warehouse and asked that the card be passed at Excise and brought to the showroom where I would inspect it. Now to describe the rest ...

PASTA - Woh Pehli Baar!
    The car was duly brought to the showroom and on the fateful day, I visited the showroom... And there she was... all shiny metallic brown... grinning at me thrugh her front grill... flashing her curves.... I could resist feeling her up...

All was ok with the mechanicals and body until I step onto the left side of the vehicle and what do i see.... a nice fine scratch right from the rear door across the front door extending to the front wheel arches.... The SA himself was completely out of clue as to when this happened (it seemed fresh since there was also some residue along the scratch line where the material had go removed). His boss was even more livid as it seemed that they had done a full inspection just in the morning and there was not scratch... However, the mechanics were called and it was decided that the scratch is only on the teflon layer... the showroom would try to polish it (and not touch up anything) and see if it goes off. I would come back in the evening and check whether it is gone and only then car would be sent for registration. Meanwhile, I could also see a tear in the drivers seat, which I duly pointed out. The Fiat sales head committed that he would have the whole seat changed. There were some allignment issues with the door and quarter panels, which was also to be sorted out.

Resolution and registration
    I left the showroom with nothing but commitments from the dealer only to come back in the evening and find the scrtaches really gone but the seat replacement to happen yet. However, based on the dealer commitment, I gave him his cheque fr the rest of the amount and requested that car be sent for registration.

Cooking and serving PASTA
    Cut to 29th November. In the last 3-4 days I had gone through numerous instances of anxiety, calls to ensure things are on track, last moment documents to be procured from Bank (read Trade Certificate). Today I was to get the delivery, by the evening. Reached the showroom along with better half. The SA duly sat us down, handed over the documents, explained the procedure... But my mind was not there.... it was some 10 metres away.. through the glass back door, between two tata manzas..... where I could catch a glimpse of brown metall flashing at me...

We stepped towards her, appreciated her beauty (Read Puja), learnt about her numerous subtleties (read operation or lights, Blue and me, etc.), checked out her lap (read seats which were to be replaced) and then mounted her... pure pleasure as i switched her on and hesitatingly she set in motion...

The rest of the evening was a daze as I negotiated her in maze of Dadar roads, Tilak bridge, Kings Circle, Priyadarshini Cirle and Chembur all the while keeping both eyes out for the murderous Innova, the treacherous fiat taxis, the hooligan autowalas and the non-chalant bike walas all yearning to put a scratch on PASTA.... It was only when i reached the complex gate that i breathed a sigh of relief.

Thats it.... PASTA is mine now and I am going to make her dance this weekend on the curves of Panchgani... till such time admire a few low res pics... the real thing will come over the weekend...

(well i just cant seem to upload the pics)
    3 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @rana, very nicely written and many congrats for getting your PASTA !! :):) pictures awaited!!
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Nice, and how are you?

Many many congratulations rana :)

What is the error being given? Try downsizing them.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  4. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Seems more of a problem with the office connection not allowing plug ins to run.. and i dont have an internet in the new home...
  5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Congrats Rana for acquiring the Jet! good write up,it shows your passion for PASTA :) Upload the pics asap and please share the OTR price?

R,
    Vishnu
  6. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    9.39 OTR plus a healthy 20k in exchange bonus on the old car
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    email me the pics if you want from your office and i can upload them for you

:)
  8. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Posting on behalf of rana since he was having some problem

25112011504.jpg 29112011510.jpg IMG00189-20111129-1915.jpg

BTW we have also booked the car in the same colour and it looks fantabulous

Great buy indeed
  9. My hearty congrats Rana bhai for the great car .. Eagarly waiting for the week end pics ..

Enjoy the ride ..

Ajit
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rana ji many congratulations...