1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kumar G M, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Kumar G M

Kumar G M Timido

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

I have joined this forum a couple of weeks back. I am basically from Trivandrum and an enthusiastic follower of fiat cars. I bring my first car in 2010 . Done a lot of study and survey and dream about fiat punto. But due to some financial constraint, go with Wagon R.
    Now after 6 years, planning for another vehicle. Did my survey and study for a compact SUV and shortlisted the following.

1. Mahindra TUV 300 - No so good review and very bad after sales by Mahindra
    2. Nissan Terrano - Very good vehicle but a good Diesel model cost 13.6L on-road price
    3 Hyundai Creta - Very high pricing

Little bit confused and finally decided on my dream machine.... yes punto diesel.

Visited two showrooms- Mohandas at Trivandrum and Hyson at Thrissur.
    Plan to book the vehicle in the month of Feb

Please help me with the following queries.

1. How is the maintenance of punto? I got mixed response
    2. I going for a Punto Evo Dynamic 75Bhp Diesel which comes with ABS and EBD. Many are suggesting to go for the 90Bhp. Is it necessary?
    3. Regarding the service, I got a bad review regarding the Mohandas , TVM. Everyone is talking about Pinnacle, Ernakulam. Usually I travel between TVM and Thrissur so suggest me a best option.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to TFI.
    I don't think anything special will be required for Punto's but for a regular services , checkups. Nothing special really. One must follow instruction manual diligently. TFI gives you vast knowledge on fiat cars.
    Go for 90 HP variant as it has excess power to pull this heavy hatch.
    You have selected a hatch which is as good as a SUV at an affordable rate. You will always feel good about this fact.
    Infact GC of 90HP is 195 mm and the car has almost no body roll.
    When you are buying your second car don't miss out airbags. Always buy emotion variant or top end with ABS with airbags. With Indian roads developing as fast lanes and the car we travel must be safe enough with all necessary pre cautions and life saving inserts.
    Point no. 3 fellow TFI-ans from KL can answer.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Maintenance of FIAT is no different than any other car. It requires and deserves the regular maintenance at regular intervals. Good thing is that, it comes with 15km service interval, and in long run it averages out the total cost of ownership (as compared to other brands). if you have any specific question regarding maintenance, do ask please
    Necessary??? No.
    What defines a necessity?? Unless you have clear requirement and know what 90 HP can give you, what 75 cant; it's not a necessity.

You already have heart set on punto. Go buy it and enjoy the drives.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    1. How is the maintenance of punto? I got mixed response

Its Cheap Compare to other Brands/ Models.

2. I going for a Punto Evo Dynamic 75Bhp Diesel which comes with ABS and EBD. Many are suggesting to go for the 90Bhp. Is it necessary?

Yes, 90 Hp always a Better Option and with the New EVO FIat managed to Reduce the Initial Lag as well. and always go for a model With Airbags (Don't Compromise).

3. Regarding the service, I got a bad review regarding the Mohandas , TVM. Everyone is talking about Pinnacle, Ernakulam. Usually I travel between TVM and Thrissur so suggest me a best option.

I Own a Tjet and am From Trivandrum Doing Regular Service from Mohandas Only. For Me it was the Best Service i Have Got. There May be Bad Experiences as well. but i will rate Excellent for their Service.
    KPR likes this.
  5. Kumar G M

Kumar G M Timido

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,

Thanks for the update.
    @KPR : yes it is true. Now a days safety is the first priority.so preference given to Abs+ebd and also airbag
    @metal_heart : you are right. Already decided on punto so now it is 75 / 90.
    @Murphy_Fiat : yes i heard some positive feedback from team fiat, stick to my sales and service at MM
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @Kumar G M
    I purchased my Linea from Hyson Thrissur (offered a better deal than Mohandas, TVM) and run between TVM and EKM. Mostly serviced at Mohandas Motors or at Hyson, EKM and once at Pinnacle FIAT, EKM. Service in general, is good (parts availability, quality of work done, follow up etc, etc). None of them are excellent or worse, rather, more or less similar to my experience with Maruti (I also own a WagonR).
    FIAT is a lot cheaper to maintain (wrt relatives VW, Hyundai cars).
    I mostly stick to MM for the service, as with a booked appointment, they could deliver the car by the evening, same day. And they are only 10kms away from office, I can catch a bus to their service centre.

Please choose a variant with ABS and Airbag and enjoy the ride.
  7. Kumar G M

Kumar G M Timido

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    hi limraj,

Thanks for the info

I prefer the Diesel Dynamic version which comes with ABS & EBD. but airbags are only in Emotion.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Kumar G M

The dilemma between 75HP and 90 HP is always faced by every customer who wants to buy a Fiat. I would like to provide one way to end this. If your drive is more in the city and occasional highway, then opt for 75HP. If its vice versa then opt for 90HP. Both the variants are equally good in either driving conditions. Its just the cost which differentiates them, 75HP is cheaper than 90HP.

As others suggested, better to opt for Emotion variant if your purses agree. If not then Dynamic should also suffice.

I am surprised that Avventura did not make it to your list of SUV's. Did you not think it as an option? Mind you the car has immense road presence.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If you can stretch for 90 HP, nothing like it. After the recent ECU update by Fiat on all 90 HP models (Punto 90 HP, Avvy Diesel, Linea Diesel), the car has become very agile in the city conditions as well. And on the highway, those extra 15-16 HPs make a lot of difference felt as well. I drive Evo 90 HP and can vouch for its extra horses. Punto diesel weighs almost 1.2 tonnes and hence the extra power is more than welcome.

Having said that, if you dont do 120+ speeds on highways, then 75 HP will suffice and yes it feels slightly better at lower RPMs, because of the shorter city-friendly 2nd gear.

Look for a good deal, and try for the emotion variant as it has airbags, seat belts with pretentioners and load limiters, front fog lamps (that isnt an easy fix on dynamic variant), front component speakers (co-axial in Dynamic), alloys, bigger tyres (15' in 75 HP/16' in 90 HP), ACC, chrome door handles, rear defogger and washer (earlier is was a part of the dynamic variant in GP) and Blue & Me.

Also, have heard that Punto Pure is getting launched within a week, so keep an eye there as well.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  10. Kumar G M

Kumar G M Timido

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : i checked that too but i want a budget stick to 8 L.
    the best suitable one is punto dynamic.
    Any way i can increase my finance and move to emotion variant which comes with lot of options.
    @ghodlur: i also like 90hp but it is above my budget. Yes i have equal city and highway travelling
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.