1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introducing FIAT in my Life..White Linea T Jet Plus!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by gauravp, Jan 26, 2011.

1. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I think yours is the first tjet to be serviced in forum. What all did they checked? Did they do some tuning/refinement? how the general feedback from the service rep (in case you chatted up with him).
  2. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    No, it was not in reverse gear. actually in my parking i have to take 90 degree turn to park it in correct slot. yesterday after the 200 kms drive i first stopped infront of the parking and then took left turn(90 degree turn). i suddenly heard some rubbing sound from the front wheels (not sure which one). Sound was like when two rotating metals touch each other. Today after returning from office i parked it same way but didn't heard any sound. Not sure if it happened after the long drive.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    No worries Gaurav.

When you said 90 degree turn, you must the turned your steering wheel completely to one side until there is no play left and when you do that, you WILL get this noise.. there is nothing wrong about that. It happens in all HPS and the second time probably you would not have completely turned your steering and there would have been some play left and hence you didnt get that noise.

It happens in mine too. so dont worry. Enjoy your Jet.

One more thing, during start ups in the morning or after a long break, I hear some strange noise from the steering / brakes (some mild humming or rather rubbing noise) and it just vanishes after a few minutes of drive. the SC advisor checked this and said that even it was normal and he even showed one more linea having the same noise (it was parked in their yard)..
  4. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    I am facing some problem with the USB port- Music player is showing "source not available" even though the pen drive is already in the slot. when I removed and inserted the pen drive few times it started showing the name of the song on the MID but didn't played the song. Suggestions pls. how to get it rectified
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even i have the same issue in my Punto, when i turn the steering to a complete left/right there is a sound krr-krr, but if i leave a little play the sound vanishes..anything to do for it ???
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Restart the system by disconnecting the negative terminal and putting it back after 5/10 minutes..
    I guess the problem will go away.
  7. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Today i took my car for around 100kms trip. Through out my journey i drove it in between 60 to 80 Km/hr but got only 13.5 Km/l mileage. It was evening and the weather was also pleasant so i didn't used the AC. I think 13.5 with sedate driving and w/o AC is less on highway. I need to check the air pressure of my tires. As suggested by many members i was keeping my one eye on Instant consumption while driving and tried to maintain it to higher figures.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gauravp hw much has your Jet run so far, FE will increase after the service and when the piston plays smooth, I used to get 11 km/lt at the start but used to drive with AC on full time, but now getting 13.2 city driving, yeah do check the correct tyre pressure.
  9. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Last week i had the short trip from Pune to BhimaShankar temple. The total distance was 260 Kms including( 100 Kms of ghat section). on this trip, i got the opportunity to test the Linea handling and i totally amazed with its handling. On the U band shaped road i was cornering comfortably at the speed of 60-70 kmph.

My jet also gave me decent mileage of 13kmpl on full time AC.

IMG00173-20110403-1407.jpg

IMG00172-20110403-1407.jpg

IMG00174-20110403-1408.jpg