1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Introducing FIAT in my Life..White Linea T Jet Plus!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by gauravp, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Sathya,whats wrong with fiat A.S.S???,here goes the list:
    1.After the first service,my car was returned with a huge scratch.
    2.After the second service;
    - the car was returned with non functioning powerwindows,
    - wrong engine oil-petrol engine's oil for my diesel car,
    - passenger side door lock stopped funtioning
    - the control for park lamp situated above the central A/C vents were broken.
    - They did not do the customary change of pollen filter,because they did not know and I had sweat inside the car .
    3.After the third service and accident repair,after paying a huge 92k bill:
    - engine oil started leaking profusely
    - diesel started leaking from the tank
    - The mudgaurd above the front wheel where not fixed properly and got detached half way through the journey and we had to find a blade in the middle of the highway to cut it and proceed further
    Worse,they say that we did the oil sump damage ourselves which caused the oil leak
    - After a week again at the T.A.S.S,we are asked to take delivery of the car with out changing the mudgaurd(they did not order the spare),with the whole engine bay exposed to mud,water and dust
    Worse,after the repair work earlier,they asked us to take delivery of the car with out changing the diesel tank(they forgot to order one),how will I drive with a leaking diesel tank??,anyways it still leaks even after the change,proof of the quality of A.S.S,worse than even a road side mechanic.
    - Huge scratch in an all new bumper.
    - Customary Wheel alignment and balancing not done during service,I got it done paying Rs.450 from outside
    - Lid on the wiper washer tank absent(should have gone into some one else's Linea)
    The list continues and I shall post them after I take delivery of the car,second time in a week!
    Saurav,sorry for hijacking your thread,you should also be aware of what's going on with FIAT's A.S.S and why only 300Lineas got sold last month,one third of even a Logan.
  2. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Thank you all!!

Lets start with some data of my first ride:
    Distance: 232 Kms
    Average Speed: 24Km/hr
    Average consumption:10.1 KM/lt
    Traffic: City plus 80 Kms highway
    Issues: today i found out that the hinge of the sunglass holder(just above the drivers seat) is loose and out from its place..i didn't checked it during the delivery. i will ask to fix it during 1st service.

Initial Observations: This is a first time i am driving any car with turbo, so first i got scared when got the sudden rush in power around 1500RPM. My wife also observed that and her explanation about it is--it seems that car gets out of your control suddenly when you speed up. I only smile and say ..it is not a car, it is a jet what i have bought so i have to learn to drive it ::D

Let me try to upload couple of pics(i am uploading after reducing the size as Ravi suggested-Thanks Ravi)..will do the photo session of my beauty and upload lot of pics..

DSC01611.JPG

DSC01612.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  3. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    @Bala: As i stated in my first post..i start reading about fiat somewhat around July'10 and you won't believe i have read so many reviews including yours of around 50-60 pages(if i remember the no. of pages) on carwale.I also read the posts from your accident to the time when you got back your car. Thanks to PaddleShifter who provided link of your thread. What i have observed from your thread that your engagement with Linea is like a old hindi movies..initially happy moments with your car and in middle some sad moments and i hope again you will have some happy moments with Linea at the end ::D

The reason for me to choose the FIAT is its built quality. I believe If your family is safe inside the car then nothing can match that. In your case also your parents were also safe after the accident. Issues are something that you can deal with them tactfully but safety lies with the vehicle you travel.

and regarding the Tata ASS, from starting i don't have much expectation from them. If sometime somehow i have to go to them with some major issues (i will pray to God it will not happen to me), i will live with it. The reason is..earlier i had the Hyundai Santro, of which i never had the service to my satisfaction by the so called good Hyundai ASS. They always note down all the issues and work on some of them. When you get back to them they will again note the issues and rectify again few of them.

Sorry for this long post and also I want to Thank you because somehow your enthusiasm about FIAT( i got to know this through your thread) helped me take this decision.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, gauravp, on becoming a proud owner of a powerful Linea T-Jet Plus. Enjoy and explore your T-Jet Plus.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Bala, I understand your agony and frustration. Wish you, that all bad things about your Linea get settled soon and she shall serve you as good as any other car.

Gaurav, Careful about the Holy marks in the Bonnet and the ribbon tied.. they may leave marks on the bonnet... so pls be careful. Waiting for some more dose of pics.. i think the mileage you have got for the first fill is good indeed. it will improve, but do control yourself for atleast the first 1000 kms ideally 2000-2500 kms..

Wishing you all the BEST Gaurav. Really happy for you.! Will catch up sometime soon man.
  6. mat46

mat46

Mumbai/Kochi
    congratulations gauravp on your tjet+.

Excellent car,and contrary to to what most people believe, it gives good FE, provided you drive correctly.

My experience has been, if you keep it between 1.5 and 2.0 rpm, you will get the optimum performance in terms of power,control and FE.

If you find the rpm less than 1.5 just downshift one slot ( even it b to b city traffic you can get it over 1.5 even in first gear).This has been my experience.

Wish you happy motoring.
  7. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Thanks mat46!..yes i also keeping one eye on RPM meter and trying not to cross 2000 limit. But the turbo is very tempting and force you to revv...you can understand that ::D
  8. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Some more pics of my beauty!!

Tjet1.JPG

Tjet2.JPG

Tjet3.JPG

Tjet4.JPG

Tjet5.JPG

Tjet6.JPG

Tjet7.JPG

Tjet8.JPG