1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Intro by Pragadish- Confused w/ Punto or Linea

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Pragadish, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Pragadish

Pragadish

Mumbai
    Hello Fiat Friends,

I'm glad to join this community and desperately looking to be a first Fiat fan in my family. I've been reading reviews here about punto 90 hp and Linea for about last few days and now i'm completely impressed.

I'm looking to book Linea Active, Please advise if it is worth booking Linea Active or should i go for 90hp. Boot space is important for me, so looking for Linea Active. (I know no abs and airbags in linea active) My budget was to book 90hp but when i heard if i shell out little, I can go for Linea Active.

Currently I'm working in Mumbai and in touch with dealers in Mumbai and also across Tamil nadu ( basically I'm from Coimbatore) been negotiating with most of the dealers and still unable to strike a best deal as i hoping to get best offers in the month of march considering the financial year end.

please look at the current bets that i was able to strike and let me know if it is ok or can we expect more in march.

Linea Active Ex showroom : 7.95 Lac
    Discounts: Exchange bonus+insurance+corp Disc+Vendor Disc+dealer disc= 1,30,000(70,000+30,000+5,000+15,000+10,000)
    7,95,000-1,00,000= 6.95lacs w/ Insurance free ( additional reg charges extra)

Is it possible to buy from mumbai and go to Coimbatore for registering the vehicle. I want to have a TN registration as i may move back to TN after couple of years.

Thanks,
    Pragadish
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Pragadish,

Welcome to the Forum, I had the same dilema 4 years ago about Linea/Punto, but you haven't shared the Price of the PUnto 90 hp.
    I too was very confused between Punto Emt/Linea Active and I ended up with the Emotion varient Punto, again Features is what drove me to the Punto.
    But I leave it to you as the Linea Active has all the basics in place, AC/Powersteering/Power Windows/ Radio-CD player with 4 speakers/Center Locking.
    Regarding the MH-TN transit is concerned, I would suggest you to pick the Car from MH as it will be a little cheaper than TN and once you have decided to relocate to TN then you can opt for a TN registration by paying the road tax and claiming refund from MH RTO but it is tedious, I am sure the Forum experts on this topic can help you better, you too can get a Temp registration but it is expensive and not practical. </SPAN>

I know we all live in the same Country and we don't see a day where in Passports are required to go from 1 state to the other with Visa Permits :eek:fftopic , Politicians….:chair:
    1 person likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    New, face-lifted Linea is expected in March. Hence you can expect more discounts for 2013 model or the pre-facelift ones.
    This may help you to reach Dynamic version of Linea. I would suggest you stretch to Dynamic at least, for the safety features.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If boot is important, no need to look for Punto.
    Also, do check prices for Linea Classic. Compare features and prices and see what best fits in your budget.
    Since you plan to stay for couple of years in Mumbai, better to buy and regsuter in MH only. When you move, transfer it to TN.
    Else there will be lots of hassles, running TN registered car in MH will always a pain for you.
    2 people like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome to Team FIAT India Pragadish.

I was in samw dillema in June 2011 and selected Punto 90HP as it is top of the line variant and equipped with all required safety and other features.

Punto also has good boot space (284 liter) where as Linea has 500 liters and you increase the boot size of Punto by folding the rear seats as per your convinience, thanks to 60:40 split seats.

I would suggest you to go ahead and buy Punto 90HP.

Regarding driving down to TN from MH just to register the car will be a problem as you are crosssing many states. As you will be in Mumbai for few more years, get it registered in MH only.
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with limraj, please go for a Linea dynamic version if possible. It will be well worth it. The extra safety features are a must have.

You are going for diesel correct? Since on your profile you have selected Linea 1.4 Active which indicates petrol...:confused:

The 90HP is a very good package, but a hatchback is good for regular commute in cities and offers better turning and parking advantages, whereas a Sedan is good for luggage space and ofcourse the major added advantage of a rear crumple zone (safety) esp. with rear passengers onboard. Take your pick.

If budget is a problem and since you are again going to shell out on re-registering it in TN, you might as well look out for 2010-11 pre-owned low run Linea emotion pack car. There are some decent ones ranging from 4 lacs to 5.5 lacs depending on running and overall condition. If you are really lucky you might as well find a 2012 version.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do not want to confuse pragadish much and thus I would restrict only to new cars.

Your main dilemma is Punto 90HP vs Linea 1.4 Active (based on your profile data).
    Its not very easy to recommend one over the other.

01. Linea has boot, Punto 90HP has diesel.
    Boot is important for you. That means you will doing lots of highway trips with family. A diesel car makes more sense in this regard. Linea has 500 liter boot vs Punto's 284 liter boot. But Punto is diesel.

02. Punto has more features, some really important ones:
    Punto 90HP is fully loaded. You don't need to spend money on anything. Maybe you just need small things like mobile charger and mobile holder etc.
    Though Linea Active has all important features like music system, all four power windows and everything, you miss out on the following important features: ABS, airbags and Automatic climate control besides other features for the sake of listing like leather wrapped steering, USB port for playing music, audio remote control, chrome package on the interiors and alloys.

03. Punto is easier to drive and park in Mumbai/metro traffic. Linea is a very large car and is longer than Jetta, Corolla Altis, Honda Civic etc. Plus side is that having a Linea in the garage is like having a true sedan and it is more beautiful than 99% sedan cars available in India upto 12-15 lacs. This should be a minor criteria by the way.
    2 people like this.
  8. Pragadish

Pragadish

Mumbai
    Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. I'm looking for 1.3 MJD Linea active to make it clear. Please let me know if any one of you can help me get a good deal as you might have good rapport with the dealers.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Let me search for Dynamic from now. Thanks.