1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interview with Rajeev Kapoor

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jul 20, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Absolutely. It is a very wierd situation. Partners competing against each other. While TATA is benefitting immensely from this, FIAT is at the losing end. Indicas and MANZAs manufactured from the JV plant is sold in big numbers whereas, FIAT sales figures remains amost the same, month after month.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A symbiotic relationship has become a parasitic one.

And TATA is proving to be a big parasite too. Just imagine a Tata Manza Dualogic ! LOL. Where is that vomitting smiley

Gurjinder.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tata need to question themselves before they just greedily start feasting on Fiat technology.

Does Tata have cars that are "Designed and Built" to do justice to the Fiat Powertrains / Drivetrains ? Even Swift uses Fiat powertrains - but does the Swift's handling match the Punto's ? - NO !!

And even if Tata was to plonk in a 1.6 MJD and Dualogic into the Manza : I don't think there will be many buyers. Tata car's won't sell above a 8 lac price tag (Seen the market response to the Aria?)

@Rajeev Kapoor - your marketing / strategy team (along with you) should meet TFI members over a weekend. I bet you won't regret it !!
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Haha, Amogh - you hit the nail man. May be they should recruit a few of us. Do check if he is interested for the June 5th meet.

OT - Is there going to be a Factory Visit this year?
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Fiat has a deal with Tata that is very profitable money-wise in the short term, but very damaging to their prospects in the long term. Tata will obviously prefer selling its own brands over Fiat. And Tata's poor service and reliability is bound to affect the Fiat brand.
  6. Freemont is a refreshing news. Hope Fiat launches this in the next 3-4 years. By the time, my Jet can be replaced with the Freemont.

Surprising that there is no mention of 1.6 diesel motor despite realising the fact that Indian Auto scenario is moving towards 80:20 infavour of diesel.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Binze : Linea 1.6 might not come this year. As far as I know (and this is based completely on my informal talks / chats with Tata-Fiat officials) their priority right now is launching the two boutique stores (one in Pune & one in Delhi) and sprucing up the after sales side.Don't be surprised if by the end of this year you get to see independent Fiat service stations.

The boutique store concept is awesome btw. It is going to be something on these lines

• It will be a two storey boutique (or single floor with large area)
    • Cars will be kept on the ground floor. The second floor will have a coffee shop run by Lavazza (Barista)
    • F1 races will be screened live at the boutique store
    • Bookings will be taken at the boutique stores and test drives will also be given. In short, no interaction with a Tata dealership
    • After customer makes first visit to the boutique and books the car, all subsequent documents collection will be done by Fiat i.e they will send a person to pick up the documents.
    • Customer will be able to do some fun things (like customize my car, colour combinations) etc on an ipad/ipod at the boutique
    • Apart from being a showroom / boutique : it will be a place to "hangout" for Fiat owners
    • It will be located in some nice locality.
    • Fiat will invest somewhere around 2 crorer per boutique
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ^^

This is one concept i would like to see in atleast the big 8-10 ( intially) cities of India ( Chandigarh included :) )

An image booster it will be. I just hope they appoint real professionals to work here and not just give TATA guys FIAT shirts.
  9. +1 to Gurjinder...this will definately help Fiat to overcome these issues provided executed properly.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting, so when it actually comes up in Pune and Delhi, have some TFI meet there.