1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interior space of Punto VS others

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 26, 2011.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I 5'8" sat comfortably in the rear with my father 6'0" sitting in front passanger seat. Rear bench is comfortable, high back support is really good for long drives (i was in that seat for 5.5 hours never felt un comfortable). Punto front seats have a long travel. dash does't obstruct ingress and egress for front seats. I felt Polo front seat cramped even with seat pushed all the way back because of low seating position, my knees were rubbing the dash.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :lol Bak. Thanks for this information, I will add this point to the
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Well said Pran. Even one of my friend bought figo only due to this reason. He is a 6+ footer and his only criteria was if he pulls the driver seat to the extreme rear, he should be able to sit comfortably in the rear and he was able to achieve this in Figo. Even I was wondering whether this is true. I happened to PM one of our mods regarding this and this is where I got the info that punto's front seat has long travel.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto could have beaten FIGO hands down, if only the aerodynamic design wasn't a priority while designing the Punto.

The FRONT windscreen design in Punto and Figo is completely opposite. In Punto, the windscreen makes a smaller angle with the road as compared to Figo where the front windscreen is more upright just like Alto and the likes.

Thus, in Punto, even the dashboard is HUGE as front seats had to be pusshed back while designing to make sufficient headroom.
  5. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    once i was doing 80+ and suddenly hit by an object on the windscreen with a loud thud, and the moment i feared the worst of windscreen crack, but on inspection found no damage not even a scratch. Till today i am unsure of the object, but it simply flew of the windscreen because of its angle.
  6. Fiat has brought their race experience to street and shows up in terms of aero dynamics.
    Many times on highway I refuse believe my car is cruising at 110-120 with out a hint of strain.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    There are two reasons for the cramped space in the Punto:

- Apart from the big dash, the steering column protrudes WAY into the cabin giving us the 'in our face steering' feel resulting in even shorter driver's pushing their seats further back to get comfortable. This shortens the rear room.

- The Hatch is also pretty big compared to Korean & Japanese cars. The Euro philosophy of back seats are only for children is the reason for this. Most of the European cars have cramped rear room, this is seen in right from Punto to BMW's. Even the Accord has more rear room then a substantially more expensive BMW 3 series.

Of course, the Skoda Superb is a exception to this.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    That is a good inference Amit........... i never thought about this perspective.... now thinking through this, i believe, it could be a common aspect across all european cars in the same segment... ...

How about the Skoda fabia.... i have not had a chance to peep inside it.. does it have higher legroom?