1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interior space of Punto VS others

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 26, 2011.

1. One my my friend made comment saying interior space in Punto is less than swift Desize.
    Can people through some light on this.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lol.....if u consider the passenger side frt seat then yes the space in swift and desire is more as punto has the Y shape dash, but overall the only place where the desire has more space is the boot, legroom at the rear is comparable to cars belonging to a lower segment, punto anyday has far more legroom and shoulder room, but still 3 at the rear is a tough task in both, more so in desire

Harmony & chaos
  3. In Leg room, shoulder room Dezire/swift is less compared to Punto. But the Front passenger seat leg room is more in dezire/swift. Punto is just 6 inches lesser than Dezire in length. Still the rear legroom is better in punto.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is the specs, let him decide -

[TABLE="class: outer_border, align: center"]
    <tbody>

Dzire
    Punto

Whel Base (mm)

Front Legroom (mm)

Rear Legroom (mm)
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    The specs seem to be comparable, but for some reason, i agree that there is a perception among people that Punto has lesser interior space than its competetors (specifically Figo, i20). Recently one of my friends went for a Figo over Punto, just because he felt Figo looked more spacious than a Punto. Is this true?
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    looks wise yes practically NO, ITS JUS THAT figo sits are thin so it look more spacier than punto,
    etios liva and vista has more space than punto but less boot space. . . .
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One more thing should be looked upon, no idea of anyone had noticed but the punto has a much deeper rear bench as opposed to figo or swift which make then look more spacious(bench being less deeper and hence more gap between the rear bench and front seat back). This it's one of the reasons why the punto feels far more comfortable due too better thigh support.

Harmony & chaos
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I sort of agree. One more thing that i think is that, Punto, by design, has used up a lot of its length for the front hood area - it has a long hanging front. the driver seating position is almost at 60% of its overall length ( just my own observation and not based on any specific measurements). Where as if you observe a Figo or a Vista, the front hood is not as lengthy as that of a Punto.

I agree that this is one of the features to make the design of the Punto as a head-turner, and also enhances passenger safety, I bellieve, this kind of takes away the space from the passengers... in terms of leg room.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

While I agree that Punto is no Indica Vista in interior space, it is not cramped either. The seating position offered by Punto is far ahead than many others (one of my close friend who put 16K into his Ritz in about 7 months of ownership was all praise after driving my Punto for its spacious driver seat).

I have always felt that the front seat comfort of Punto is better than my Vista, but rear seat space and comfort is more in my Vista.

About old Swift \ Dzire, what is the use even if the car have 1 acre of space inside - the ride is so unsettled, it literally throws you around in the rear seats.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The only compromise I had to make while buying a Punto was the rear leg space, but then rear was fully occupied only 10 or 15 occasions in 2 yrs time. The front seats have long travel, and some foolish people look at rear leg room after pulling the front seat to the full length, rather than setting it to the driving position.