1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interferance of starter motor in speaker

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by bhai, Jan 11, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am getting interferance of starter motor in speaker. First I thought it may be due to crap quality speakers. Done speaker upgradation.But still khar-khar sound when I crank engine.
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    it may be due to faulty or loose wiring
  3. Even I faced the issue. This is not regular though. I had ignored that since I thought it is not big issue. I will also get it checked.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bhai,@all..
    the khar khar sound with reduced decibles comes also while at high speeds(above 60 or 80 Kmph) is this also related to your query ?
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Ganges Khar-khar sound with reduced decibles at high speed which you are talking is seen in old carburetted petrol cars which had no resistor fitted on top of the spark plugs. You might have remember we used to install 'Suppressors' on the top of the spark plug to supress this khar-khar sound . I am getting same Khar-khar sound. I am not getting this khur-khur sound continiously but only at the time of cranking of engine. Sound disppears after stopping of engine cranking.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. Try this - Get the key to MAR position so that only electricals will turn on. Wait till the Seat belt sign lit up. Start...
    I have been trying this for a while and I think that the sound comes while the car is doing checks on electricals or you try to start it directly (turn fast to MAR -> Ignition). Even Fiat manual suggests on waiting at least till the key check warning is gone. It worked for me.