1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interesting article in Sep 2012 Overdrive Magazine

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sanjeevskartha, Sep 6, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree with you for this...:up
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    What I understood from his post, SVP told Old Gen Verna's steering was really sporty, He never mentioned it was better than Linea or similar to Linea. There are comment as Old Generation Vernas steering was sporty, it means he was comparing with new generation verna's steering, not with Linea.

BTW, Verna's Steering is EPS unit, where Lineas are HPS, HPS is always better than EPS, EPS is very light than HPS and from feedback point of view its very far from HPS. SVP also knows it very well, so don't think it otherways.

I am one of the viewer of CNB ( from the begining) and watch carefully his review, and saw He reviewed most of the car in various part of the world, He is galaxy distance away ahead of other reviewer I think. What I liked in him, he is truly unbiased reviewer.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Now that is not a bad figure at all. So how does the same car give different readings when tested by different magazines? Difference in driving styles perhaps. But then should'nt there be some kind of benchmark against which claims like this need to be validated? Or otherwise a very very sedate driver might test a BMW and say that it took 10+secs to reach 100kph. That would not be the actual capability of the machine,right?

In the C segment, two Skoda cars are present in the winners list among six cars. The VRS is the winner while Laura 1.8Tsi is in the third spot I think. Don't need much more proof than that.

Thanks for the info. You know and I know the capability of Fiat cars, but the general public will have a totally different perception about the cars when they read articles like this.
  5. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I already mentioned and would like to mention again that if you want know the excellence of FIAT cars, you have to spend some time with car. You never realize beauty of FIAT cars in short test drive (and testing so called 0-100 sec) specially you driving car like segment below (Alto,Spark etc etc).
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    od has always been anti-fiat. how can they compare petrol cars with diesel cars. lets make a pledge to stop watching and buying od.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Why we are talking about anti fiat element here. I think there is no point to talk about OD review over here as we knew what are the exact figures fiat cars are giving us. So why we are bothering about OD... or any other else....
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This could be a printing mistake or may be they want to compare 90HP power with the petrol variants
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    i wonder?how can this bald gentleman mess up with basic spec like 200nm @3500rpm,mass-1185kg

Fiat Linea Road Test - YouTube

even teky's punto weighs 1190kg being 2010 model.

watchout @2.20sec he says about blue and me.

another India's largest selling magazine(own claim) says

why spent money on 2012 BMW 328i?when you have etios comes with flying colors with 2secs ahead of BMW in track that too driven by naren kathikeyan.

http://www.autocarindia.com/Video/313111,autocar-india-trackday-2012.aspx

long live democracy!!!

p.s Comments are disabled for this video
    5 people like this.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Yea it was my post! He was comparing the 3 sedans that are Fiesta, City and Verna as i remember. He said In this class Honda was the segment leader and blah blah blah! Then he said the older gen Verna had a really sporty steering! As per i remember, the old Gen verna, The current gen all have scarily vague steering! It happened to be last year, when the new verna was launched, we test drove the car, and my dad only said one thing "Suicide!! ".