1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interested in Punto 2013

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by friend.travis, Jan 30, 2013.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Re: Hi, Im John

Hi John..welcome to TFI.

You are saying that Annually you drive around 5500km and you are looking at buying a diesel car? Is there any specific reason to look for a diesel car?

For your kind of running, a petrol car is recommended what with diesel prices going up anyway.

Considering the price difference for a diesel car vs petrol car, with your present running it will take about 7-8 years to recover the premium you pay for a diesel car even with the current disparity in fuel prices.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I'm with FastLove on this. You don't really need a diesel car based on your very limited use. Diesels do not like being driven for short distances only. Infact all engines don't, but diesel even more so. Diesels are happier when driven hard and long.

Go for a petrol car. Take a TD of Punto 1.4 FIRE and take a call.

P.S. I have merged the two threads started by John as there was a bit of dual posting going on and complicating things. Thanks.
    2 people like this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I agree what Fastlove and Gurjinder 22ji saying.

What I can suggest is check 2012 1.4 Punto Emotion as FIAT offers drooling discounts on its Petrol cars. It will be good deal and you can save good amount.

Check 2012 stock in various dealers from your city and bargain to get a good deal.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi John,
    Sorry for replying so late.

As your travelling requirement is too less as 300kms per month. I can suggest you to go for petrol Emotion variant with all features.

If you have some budget constraints then opt for Dynamic 1.2 variant. This will not harm you if you are having a yearly 1000km drive for your home town for sure.

My weekly run is approximately around 350 kms in my 1.2 then also I am very happy with the performance of the car. I am getting 15+ kmpl in city drive with the constant speed of 40-50kmph & 18+ kmpl on highways with speed of 90-120 kmph.

But you are looking for a HP, fast drive & not bothered about the fuel consumption then 1.4 otherwise go for Punto Sports 90 HP... (diesel variant will not harm your pocket for fuel as compared to petrol)

I will suggest you to go for 1.2 petrol only. Why as the price of the car is lesser compared to diesel one & the fuel cost will be depends on your usages. I think in a full tank you can drive your 1.2 for more than 2+ months :) (1500 to 1800 for petrol per month) These are approximate figures that can vary depends your driving conditions as well as the petrol rates at your zone.

For diesel car the running cost will probably lesser as compared to petrol one. But the initial cost will be high. Because for 1.3 MJD you will definitely get 18 to 20+ kmpl for sure.

I think you can able to decide which one is to choose now :)