1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interested in Punto 2013

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by friend.travis, Jan 30, 2013.

1. friend.travis

friend.travis

Hi, Im John

Im posting this to decide my new car purchase, im looking to go for Punto 2013.
    should i go for a petrol version or a diesel version considering price hike in diesel.
    what's good about the features of punto 2013 ?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome John, and let us know bit more about you.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi John,

Welcome to TFi.....

Please let us know about yourself & details of your next car???
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is nothing planned as Punto 2013, I assume you mean 2013 manufactured Punto.

In couple of months, chances are existing Punto (as well as Linea) will get few upgrades, no details are available. So if you can, do wait for 2-3 months.

Regarding, Petrol and Diesel, depends how much you plan to drive per month. Whatever hike is planned, if you drive more than 1000 KM, diesel will be economically better option. Plus, Fiat's Diesel engines are top class.
  5. friend.travis

friend.travis

Hi Rishikesh, I had a i10 ASTA for 3+ years now and looking to sell it next month and go for a diesel vehicle. Now since prices have changed for diesel, i am again in confusion.
    can you comment on what is the best , pertrol or diesel. im looking to buy punto 2013 diesel version. In this which do you suggest, active/dynamic/emotion.

im usually drive 300kms per month and take it to my hometown twice a year,( 1000 kms to and fro )

what all things i should be considering before buying punto 2013 diesel.
  6. John,

Welcome on board
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,Welcome ..
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Travis,

Welcome aboard.

1. There is already a threads related to Disel vs Petrol every where (Google up) and most of it holds good to FIAT cars as well.
    2. Though as suggested by Ravi if you wish to wait 2-3 or more months for a face lifted models, beware that govt. might increase some taxes on cars from next fiscal year. No confirmation yet on that front. Crazy govt. yea?
    3. Features and specs : You can find it on fiat website, couple of threads in this forum too.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I think you can stick to petrol car, since your usage is less. But, things will dramatically change (on usage front and otherwise) once you have Diesel from FIAT :p