1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interest Check: Aftermarket Smoked Headlights Assembly for Punto & Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by kedarbendre, Jun 7, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Got the car pressure washed and am glad to say that these headlamps did not allow even a drop of water inside them. These headlamps are OEM for sure.

Guys who have fogging issues can try de-moisturizing the headlamp.

Here are pics immediately after the car came out of the high pressure wash. hejemy8y.jpg abumybez.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. Hi driv3r good news bro.. How did u get the de-moisturing done?? Silica gel and sealing it??
    Shed some light on the process please..
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is already properly sealed is what I was intending to say. :)

Additional sealing is not required.

The fogging happens whenever there is a difference in temperature from within the headlamp and outside. This is due to the trapped moisture which does not have a way to come out. So if we place a de-moisturizing agent inside the headlamp for a day or two when car is not in use, it would do the trick. Else, open the dust cap, turn the headlamps on and keep it that way for 10 mins or so. Most of the moisture shoukd escape due to the heat.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Who said stock lamps do not fog? :D These are my bone stock headlamps in the 75HP and no they are not with a defective seal. Fogging happens due to changes in weather and temperature.

20131022_195142.jpg
    20131022_195154.jpg
    4 people like this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    There you are DRIV3R :)
  6. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey ... I am also planning for smoked headlights .... I am not confident on DIY..... Have couple of queries.

1. Can anybody suggest place in bangalore where i can buy it get this fitted ,
    2. if anybody else intrested in the same . we can join for the purchase.(try to get some discounts):rolleyes:
    3. I have red punto any pics of red punto with smoked headlamps ?

Thanks
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  8. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks rishike007 , It looks great I should go for it ..... also the scorpio stickers are looking great ...

Now anybody else interested in bangalore ??
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

People who wanted already have them. You can order directly from Kawa for 5k plus shipping. :)
    2 people like this.
  10. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got you !!! I browsed the entire forum unable to get the Kawa contact .. pls share :p