1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interest Check: Aftermarket Smoked Headlights Assembly for Punto & Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by kedarbendre, Jun 7, 2013.

1. IMG_20130804_183052.jpg

I tried PVC insulation tape on the glued area as shown in the pic. After this had given the car for complete water wash, no condensation observed. Try this workaround and see if it resolves the issue
    3 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That would work for a few days at best. The heat when the HL is switched on and the cold when the car is parked overnight will play havoc on that tape and it will very soon turn brittle and deteriorate. Silicone sealant might be a better option.

Rajan
    2 people like this.

3. Hi DRIV3R, I wanna get my punto the smoked HL. im now in mumbai, i can buy it from Kawa, but worried about the fogging. whats ur recommendation from ur experience??
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hey bro, I picked up three sets. Two for our cars and one for fellow TFIan Auto Freak. And all three are fogging. And one set even let some water in after a wash. One other set I still have them, have to apply silicone sealant and install them on the 75HP.

But let me assure you, they look sinister. And they are not spray painted bezels. What I would advise you is to get them if you like them, apply generous amount of silicone sealant on the required spots and then get them fitted.
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Ok guys think I found the problem for fogging in smoked HL.

There is a hole & it is closed by a cap type cover with small piece of sponge inside.
    Any idea why is ideathis hole for & will there be any issue if its sealed with glue?Refer pics

Im yet to chk in OEM HL....first job in the morning tomorrow.

uploadfromtaptalk1377973362538.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377973516367.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377973696099.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377973743962.jpg
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sunil, that is present even in OEM HLs.
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Any problem if we seal this with anabond?
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I am not sure of this part's functionality.

Anyway, I can help you with sealing the lamps using silicone sealant. Am currently doing that for the 2nd set of lamps. But be ready to face fogging even after that, cos moisture is trapped inside and cannot escape.

For that we need to place silica gel crystals pack inside HL for a day or two.

Another crude way of achieving same purpose is by removing HL back covers and keep the HL on for ten mins or so.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    considering so many assy have turned out faulty did anyone try to contact kava and see what he has to say about it?
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I don't think the assemblies are faulty. As these head lights are smoked we are able to see fog in HL.
    The same can be visible in OEM non smoked HLs too. But we are not able to make it out because of lots of chrome in it.

I have seen the OEM & smoked one, there is no difference in between these two except chrome.

I have seen beamers with fogged OEM HLs.

Also if you can see fog in the OEM side indicators. Which are company fitted in our cars.