1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interest Check: Aftermarket Smoked Headlights Assembly for Punto & Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by kedarbendre, Jun 7, 2013.

1. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Well, yes I have observed a little fog in the oem unit that came with the car as well.
    Not noticeable.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Chethan...

Touchwood!!!
    Its not happening in the set of smoked headlamps I have bought. I have driven it in the rains many times in this season with these headlights on. I even have washed it many times as well.
    Touchwood!!!

Cheers... :up

Neel
    1 person likes this.
  3. Guys does anyone in the forum know how to solve the issue of fogging/condensation in Punto headlamps. Probably a DIY thread will help us a lot. I had ordered these lights from KAWA and they are suffering from fogging in the same place near indicator bulb. Does applying RTV Silicon sealant around help prevent this?. What is that rubber sealing around indicator bulb?, can some one help with a picture please.
  4. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    The indicator is a simple "Insert and rotate to fix" the base where the bulb is attached, is rubber, which forms the seal to the assembly. keeping out dirt and moisture.
    RTV Silicon sealant will certainly help.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The screws holding the bumper would be torx and not hex screws. These would require torx set and not allen keys. While it is possible to unscrew and screw with allen bits, it will most likely result in damage to the screw.

If you want to DIY, please use the right tools. Makes DIY a lot more simpler and far more enjoyable.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. Any recommendation for RTV Silicon Sealant brands?
  7. puntoharry

puntoharry Timido

Mumbai
    Guys, I would be interested in ordering one as well. How do I go about it?
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay we already bought headlight for a group from Kava Mumbai.

You can contact them directly and ask them to ship it your address

Sent from my MK16i using Forum Runner
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Guys can we start looking for smoked tail lamps too?????
  10. I was able to resolve the condensation issue, Anabond RTV 666 did the trick, 135 rupees tube of 100 gm. Did test it with high pressure water and all stuff - it is Water proof now !