1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Intercooler and hose Cleaning

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, May 28, 2012.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Don't worry buddy have scanner with me so can delete the errors but seems I would have to use blanking plate and cut valve rod to fool ECU in thinking that EGR is working properly as you say the light would come on after driving for 25 kms.
  2. Map or MAF?

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Why don't you go for remap with EGR deletion?
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

No not the MAF but MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

doesnt work. Dont cut EGR rod and also you cannot blank the EGR. It immediately throws error. Also erratic idling and loss of power will occur.

Remap is the only solution that too if done properly. There are 100s of things to take care to delete EGR from loop.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Called he TASS and was informed there is nothing called inter cooler cleaning if there is no problem with the car.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

There are a lot of things that TASS wont think is a problem,
    Like sat-chit-anand said once, "TASS has reputation but no quality while you're trusted mechanic has quality but no reputation..

TASS feels mixing water with coolant is not a problem, they feel that a turbo hose that is all bent up and hard is not a problem
    at the end when something does go wrong they will put their hands up on us and make merry..
    Just get the car serviced from them simply to maintain the warranty that's all
  7. I got the MAF and inter cooler cleaned few weeks back. Results are as told by Italia-Linea, acceleration is smooth and engine is more responsive, i did not go for EGR clean as it was difficult to open to start with and my car doesn't have functioning EGR.

All the work was done by Harish of Pride Cars, we used IP to clean the MAF sensor and Thinner to clean the Intercooler.
    below the 2500 RPM, I can convince some one that I am driving a Petrol car.Am able to go beyond 3500 RPM in 5th gear and max i touched was 175 kmph in NH4.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012