1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Interchangeablity of ECU

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by vtlreja2, Jun 27, 2014.

1. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    aah ! what a piece of information bro,
    any idea how to get this code card ?

eagerly waiting for your reply,

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks mishers, for the usefull info bro, i m interested in linea's ecu into the punto,
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Why, for the extra power?
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Turbo and other things are involved to pull out extra bhp as made available in Linea. Plain ECU change is only half the battle. (also unsure if Linea to Punto ECU can be done in first place.)

Why don't you study 90hp Punto ECU it will have better compatibility, still all other mods will be needed.

- - - Merged Post - - -

EDIT : The ECUs maybe the same as Linea, just not sure if there are program changes and how BCM could be related here.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    no, not for extra power, nothing like that,
  5. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    actually what i want to see is that is the maps of both the cars are same and the extra horses are coming due the VGT of linea,
    and these codes are the some thing which is creating the problem,

the only reason i want to install linea's ecu is that as i already sourced one ecu from linea, though it is from accident vehicle, but the ecu is clean,

Waiting for the final verdict you guys made,

and the whole idea is just for some fun, nothing for power hunger and all that !!

and @ampleson, congrats in advance for your 1000th post,

cheers.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes VGT is key in 90hp engines. And also the fuel injection (maps) etc. The maps of both the cars are different in most probability. Experts could comment further on this.
    The best people to take help in this would be Wolfmoto guys, send your queries to them. And if this fits to the Punto you might want to go for a Wolf switchable remap later thereby making this mod totally worth it. :)

This clears the idea behind your query. :) It is doable but need to check injection system compatibility and other aspects of engine load capacity of a 75bhp MJD engine too. Sorry for the limited answers, maybe some TFI experts could comment further in practical details. Do post pics and details if and when you proceed further in these mods.

Thanks, I missed this and this makes it post 1001 :D
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The Maps on a VGT and FGT are obviously different. VGT has codes for electronic solenoid activation based on MAP and LAMBDA values. Also the fuel trims are different. The torque and BHP figures are different so fuel supplied at given amount of turbo boost also has maps.

You cannot use a linea ECU on a 75hp Punto
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Strictly hypothetically speaking, are there injector hardware differences, injection cycle differences, exhaust hardware difference, differences in general plumbing of ex. gas recirculations. What are the most prominent factors involved for such a mod to become successful.

Is there a manufacturing quality difference in the engine block or piston rings or other such intricate items .. ?

Thanx.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its not hypothetical :) the injectors are different on 75hp and 90hp. The part nos are different as well. There are lot of other similar parts too that are different on 75hp and 90hp.
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The hypothetical bit was about modding :), as in not real but hypothetical situation of modding. I am aware that parts difference is there in real, but what exactly I would want to know.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Let me rephrase, hypothetically if a mod was to be conducted what parts would be involved in modding.
    1 person likes this.